8.

"Kim! Wake up!"

Nathan shook my whole body until I woke up. "H-Huh? What?"

"You're alarm. It went off five minutes ago," he informed me and I groaned as I suddenly stood up.

"Why did you let me sleep in?" I asked him as I hurried to my closet. I pulled out a dress, and Nathan eyed me suspiciously as I held the dress in my hands.

"Because you needed sleep."

"That's five minutes wasted I could've spent eating breakfast!" I cried out, as my stomach did as well. I rushed to the bathroom and I washed my face and then threw off my clothes. I slipped into my dress.

It was a light pink, cotton dress that had stretchy material in it as well it hugged my waist and then flowed out.

When I stepped out, Nathan was standing there with his arms crossed. He was just staring at me, like I did something unbelievable.

"What?" I asked, as I went to my room to grab my backpack and headed towards the kitchen.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He suddenly asked me as I grabbed a toast.

I started to laugh. Boyfriend? Me? Never. "What? No!" I raised my voice, raising an eyebrow at him and he let out a breath. "Why?"

"You're dressed like you're going on a date," he responded as he followed me out the front door.

"What's wrong with me wearing a dress, huh?" I pinched his cheek and he smacked my hand away.

"Ms. Adams..."

I turned to see Mr. Bradley standing there, stiff as always in his perfectly pressed suit. I give him a small smile and he noticed Nathan next to me.

"Good morning, Mr. Bradley," I said and I looped my arm around Nathan's.

"Oh, I see you have found yourself a nice young man," Mr. Bradley commented and I found myself pushing Nathan away.

"H-Him? Mr. Bradley you have the wrong idea."

"I do?"

"You see, this twerp here is my cousin who will be staying with me for a while," I explained, and Nathan looked at me, his eyes slightly widened. I shouldn't have lied, but it was already out my mouth.

"Oh, I see. A pleasure to meet you," Mr. Bradley said as he extended out his hand.

"Nice to meet you too..." Nathan took his hand awkwardly and they shook hands.

"I can give your cousin a ride too, without the Lady of the House knowing," Mr. Bradley offered as he gave me a small wink.

"You don't have to," I said and Mr. Bradley shook his head.

"It's only to repay the kindness you have shown to Hailey."

He opened the car door and I got in first and then Nathan.

'What are you doing'? He mouthed to me and I looked over at Mr. Bradley who was barely getting in, and then I looked back over at Nathan.

'I'll explain later', I mouthed back and he sighed as he gazed out the window.

***

"You said you would explain later. Now explain." That was the first thing Nathan said to me when he found me at lunch.

"Rude, I'm just trying to enjoy my lunch here, with my friend," I replied as Maria and I went over a worksheet.

"Kimberly, I'm being serious. Cousin? Seriously?" He stepped closer to me and I groaned.