35.

Ryan and I sat next to each other on the plane. I got my phone out of my satchel and I removed the battery from it and threw it back in. Ryan stared out the window, not saying anything, and looked like he won't be saying anything else for the meantime. I sighed, digging for a magazine in the pouch of the seat in front of me.

I pulled out a small MP3 player, one of those small ones that don't even have screens on them, just the buttons. I plugged in my headphones that I had a struggle with untangling them, and I played some music. One Direction started playing and I almost laughed out loud. My 2012 self would be fangirling right now.

I closed my eyes and leaned back. I was happy that no one else sat next to me, I liked when there was space next to me. The plane was about to take off and the attendant came by and made me turn off my music. As soon as she left, I popped my headphones back in and closed my eyes as the pressure of the plane pulling up made me feel slightly nauseous. I am glad the technology in planes are improving, because they get smoother every time. But I guess it also depends on the pilot.

Suddenly, Ryan put his hand on my arm and I opened my eyes in panic. I removed my headphones and saw his panic-written face. "W-What?" I whispered, taking his hand into mine.

"We need to come up with a plan," he answered and I smiled reassuringly as I patted the back of his hand with my other hand.

"Ryan, I know. Once we land and get settled in, we'll come up with a plan. I promise," I told him, and he sighed out loudly. He turned back towards the window, but he kept his hand in mine, wrapping his fingers around mine in return. He squeezed them as we continued flying higher into the sky, passing through a few small clouds that were pretty close to the ground.

I stared at Ryan, studying his features once more. His sharp jaw, his tall refined nose and his soft eyes, dry and puffy. I remembered how heartbroken he looked as Hailey was taken away. He still was heartbroken, and there was no matter of comforting that would take all his pain away. At this point of time, he was inconsolable, and it hurt me the most knowing I couldn't do much about it.

***

"We should go visit my mother in the hospital first. Well, I should, you don't have to come if you don't want to," I told Ryan as we got off the airplane. He stayed silent, and I sighed as we walked to the luggage pick-up area. I spotted my bags and I went and grabbed them. Ryan took one out of my hand, without a word, and then he used his free hand to grab my hand. We held hands as we walked out of the building.

A few taxis were lined up and I was able to get one before it drove away. We put our bags in the back and got into the backseat. I told the driver the name of the hospital to go to. The driver was hesitant at first, because it was on the other side of town, but he took the opportunity to make some good cash.

"How do you know for sure that it's this hospital?" Ryan asked me on the way there. I shrugged my shoulders and I smiled.

"I honestly don't know, but something is telling me that this is the hospital. My mother's never been to that hospital, and it's near your father's hotel... It would only make sense to keep my family near him," I explained, and Ryan slowly nodded his head and clenched his fists tightly in his lap.

"Are you two married or newlyweds?" The driver asked and I felt myself blushing. Ryan was too angry to even pay attention. He kept his gaze out the window.

"N-No, we're definitely not..!"

"My apologies.. Dating, then?"

It was an older man that sort of reminded me of Mr. Bradley in a way. He made me miss Mr. Bradley, and all those days of driving me from home to school and then to the Winchester's. I really missed those days.

"No.. Just really close," I answered with a sad smile. The bus driver nodded and the rest of the car ride ended up in awkward silence. When we reached the hospital, I saw Mr. Winchester waiting in his car parked in front of the hospital. I sighed as the taxi driver pulled up behind his car.

I got my satchel and pulled out the amount of money that was needed and handed it to the taxi driver. I even gave him a little extra. "Are you ready?" I asked Ryan, turning to him, but he was already getting out of the door. I got my bags out of the trunk and I noticed him walking towards Mr. Winchester's car.

"Ryan!" I yelled out to him. The taxi driver came out and closed the trunk for me. Mr. Winchester stepped out of his car and Ryan charged at him and threw a punch, his fist connecting with Mr. Winchester's cheekbone. I gasped, my bags falling to the ground as I rushed to Ryan and I tried to pull him away.

"You bastard! You asshole!! How could you do this to her?!" Ryan screamed out and I wrapped my arms around him. Mr. Winchester just laughed as he wiped the blood off of his cheek with the back of his hand. A bodyguard came out and was about to punch Ryan, but Mr. Winchester held up his hand and the bodyguard stepped back.

"You think violence is going to solve this? You're still childish as ever, Ryan. Whether you like it or not, you're still a Winchester, and always will be. So disrespecting me is disrespecting yourself, and your ancestors. And don't you know that there's a consequence for every action? Watch yourself, because Kimberly might just take the fall for you," Mr. Winchester warned and Ryan stayed silent.

I could practically feel Ryan's blood boiling. And with every second that passed, Ryan's fists clenched tighter and tighter, veins popping out of his arms and his forehead. His jaw was locked, and I could tell he was clenching his teeth together. My arms around him tightened as they both glared at each other.

Mr. Winchester chuckled as he got back into the car. When the car drove off, Ryan yelled out in anger for a good few minutes and I kept my arms around him. He stood there, his body hunched over and he panted, trying to catch his breath.

"Kimberly. Kimberly, I am really sorry that you had to get involved with a guy like me.. My family is messed up... And I'm messed up." He turned around, grabbing my arms with his hands and he looked down at me, tears in his eyes. "I left you twice... And I don't want to leave you again, because I know that you won't take me back afterwards. But I can't help but feel like a coward."

"Ryan--"

"I'm really sorry. I always find a way to let you down.. Just know that I love you. I love you so much, but I think I should handle my dad alone."

"Ryan--"

Ryan reached down and kissed me. His rough lips against mine, and for a second, it felt like everything was going to be fine. But when his lips left mine, I saw the tears that had rolled down his cheeks. He stared at me one last time, before turning around and walking away.

I wanted to stop him, but I couldn't. All I could do was stand there and let my tears fall to the ground.

×××××××××××××××××××××××

Sorry for this update that took like... a LONG time.

Tbh, I had major writer's block, like I don't even know how I'm going to have them get their revenge LOL.

I'm so terrible. *cries*

Thank you all for all these reads, it makes me so happy!! I remember I started off with 700 reads and now I'm almost at 60K!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I wrote a bit more than usual, as a thanks to all those who have been patient with me.

Love you guys so so so much!! Don't forget Vote and Comment.

~Bethany<3