10.

"I know it's a Sunday and this is a bit last minute, but are you able to come over and babysit Hailey? Something came up all of a sudden... She also wants to see you."

Mrs. Winchester sounded like she was in a huge panic mode, to the point where she was almost hyperventilating.

"Alright, I can come over," I said as I looked over at Nathan, who just sat there looking at me wearing a confused expression on his face.

"Thank you! Thank you so much, I'm sending Mr. Bradley right over!"

I heard her sigh a sigh of relief before she ended the call. I smiled and then sighed. "I was hoping to get another day off, but it's cool, I guess," I said as I slipped on my shoes. I was already dressed. Nathan and I were going to go to the zoo, but I guess not.

"You're canceling on me?" He asked and I sighed as I nodded slowly. He pouted as he looked into my eyes, probably into my soul. "How could you do this to me?"

"Oh, shut up. We live together now," I reminded him as he slapped him on the shoulder.

"And?"

"We see each other all the time. We can do stuff together whenever we want. Except I have a job. Does that make me the breadwinner of this household?" I stuck my tongue out at him.

I just remembered the big money I was going to be coming home with, all for babysitting a child.

"I'm going to get a job," Nathan defended himself as he followed me out of my room and into the kitchen.

"What job were you thinking about getting?" I asked him, grabbing an apple from the bowl on the table.

"I was thinking.... Lowe's," he answered and I nodded, biting into the apple.

"It suits you. You'll get discounts and then you can bring home some stuff to fix our house. Anyways, I have to go. When my mom gets back, tell her I am out job hunting."

"I'm actually going to go out job hunting..."

"Oh. Perfect." Nathan followed me out the front door, which Mr. Bradley was walking towards.

"I came as fast as I could," Mr. Bradley said, wheezing a bit and I giggled.

"Mr. Bradley, you don't have to do that to yourself. I can wait as long as I need to wait," I told him and he just smiled. "Bye, I'll see you later," I said to Nathan and we hugged.

He waved to me as I walked to the car and got inside. Then, I waved to him as we drove off.

"You two make a nice couple," Mr. Bradley told me and I started laughing.

"That's a funny one, Mr. Bradley."

"How so?"

"Although, Nathan and I are really close, and known each other since we were little, I don't see him like that. He's a friend and nothing more," I explained and he nodded slowly, taking a left turn.

He drove pretty fast for an old man. And he showed no mercy on the road, and took every opportunity to pass through a yellow light before it turned red.

When we got there, and I got inside, Hailey ran to me and hugged me tightly. "I missed you!" She said as she held up her barbie doll.

"It's only been a day," I told her, and she shook her head.

"No one played with me, not even my bwother," she responded with a sad face and I just smiled as I pinched her cheeks.

She led me upstairs and to her room, where I ended up spending hours playing with her. It was nap time, so I put her to bed.

I went downstairs, looking for something to do while Hailey slept. I wandered into the kitchen.

"Why do you still keep coming? Can't you take the hint that I don't want you here?" Ryan came in and I sighed.

"Can't you take the hint that I really don't care about what you want?"

I leaned against the wall and grinned at him. He scoffed and walked over to me, slamming his hand on the wall, right next to my head. He leaned forward and peered into my face.

"Get lost, and stay away from my sister," he said and I laughed in his face.

"Me? At least I actually play with her and spent time with her," I said as I walked away from him.

"I'm not going to play barbies and other shit with her," he defended and I was the one that scoffed.

"It doesn't matter. If you actually cared for her, you would."

"Well, I don't care. I just want you to get out of this house."

"Why?"

"Because you're annoying and don't know how to mind your own business," he answered as he grabbed a cookie from the large glass table. There was a jar of cookies, chocolate chip, or raisin, I don't know. Looks can be deceiving.

"I think that's you," I said as I turned to walk out of the kitchen, but Mrs. Winchester walked in.

Ryan straightened up. She glared at him and then gave me a soft smile.

"What are you two doing?" She asked and I looked away. I felt like I did something wrong, I didn't know why.

"Arguing, what else?" Ryan responded and I turned around and shot him a look.

"How rude," I mumbled and he stepped closer.

"What did you say?"

"I said 'HOW. RUDE', what else what I say? Huh?" I responded and I turned back to Mrs. Winchester and lowered my head. "I'm sorry."

"I need to talk with you," Mrs. Winchester said to me and I nodded. I followed her into another room, and I heard Ryan snicker.

I was about to defend myself, when Mrs. Winchester turned to me with a huge smile on her face. "I just love you," she said and my eyes widened. I thought I was going to get a lecture or something.

"W-What?"

"How about a raise and an additional task to take on?"

×××××××××××××××××××

I'm sure Ryan doesn't seem like a bad boy, but I haven't been writing too many scenes with him. I am working on that! I promiiiiiise.

Thanks for reading everyone, almost 700 reads, so excited :D

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow for more.

~Bethany<3