2: 4.

"What!?"

Ryan was yelling at the waiter in the front of the restaurant. We had just arrived and he was already making a scene. I grabbed Nathan's hand out of nervousness, and I watched as Ryan got closer up in the waiter's face.

"You're telling me my reservation got cancelled!? What kind of shitty restaurant does that! I even called before confirming my reservation and now it's CANCELLED?!!" Ryan poked his finger into the waiter's chest as he backed up in fear.

I let go of Nathan's hand and I tugged at Ryan's sleeve. "Ryan.."

He pushed me away and I stumbled backwards. Nathan caught me in his arms, helping me back up. "I want my reservation now!" Ryan shouted and I sighed, getting fed up.

"RYAN! ENOUGH!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I grabbed his wrist, pulling him away from the poor waiter. "I'm sorry, sir. I'm sorry everyone!" I yelled to the rest of the people whose meals were interrupted. Ryan didn't fight back as Nathan also helped me drag him away and out of the restaurant. I turned to Ryan as soon as we stepped outside.

I didn't say anything to him. I just stared at him, not even sure of what to say. Instead, I sighed as I turned and started to walk the other way.

"Kimberly!" Nathan called out after me. "You just ruined her night," Nathan added, talking to Ryan. Nathan ran after me, grabbing my shoulder. He was about to say something, but I cut him off.

"It's whatever, Nathan. Just leave it. Let's go back to the hotel," I told him and I glanced over at Ryan who had already started to walk in the opposite direction. His head was hung low and he walked at a very slow pace. My heart ached for him, but at the same time, I was angry with him.

"O-Okay..." Nathan responded as he took out his phone.

I turned my head over at Ryan again, who began to cross the street on the crosswalk. He had the right of way, but I soon noticed a car speeding down the road. I gasped as I dashed towards Ryan. "Ryan! Watch out!" I yelled out as I stepped onto the road. He barely noticed the car coming straight at him, frozen like a deer. I stumbled forward, pushing him out of the way.

I couldn't regain my balance. And soon, I felt myself being weightless.

Then, everything went black.

***

"When will she wake up?"

"She would've been awake and perfectly fine, if you didn't go and ruin the night."

"How the fuck was I supposed to know that I was gonna get ran over!?"

"It's called being careful!"

"You know, you're a fucking moron to be blaming this on me!"

"I don't give a shit. Now do I? I can blame everything on you, because I can. I never liked you and I never fucking will."

"I hope you know what a shit-brain you have, and soon realize that Kimberly didn't have to push me out of the way. And that she should've left me to get hit."

There was the sound of a door opening.

"Can you boys settle down? If you're going to argue in front of a patient like this, then we'll have no choice to kick you guys out. We can hear you out in the hallway." It was a woman's voice, soft sounding, but stern.

"Whatever." It was Nathan's voice speaking out as the door closed. "I just hope she wakes up soon."

Everything was dark, but I could hear perfectly. I wanted to open my eyes, but they somehow felt stuck. I couldn't seem to get my fingers to move or my toes.

"Her mother will be here soon, and Mr. Bradley too," Ryan said and I suddenly felt sad. I was aware of what state I was in, but knowing my mother was going to come and see me like this, it broke my heart.

"I overheard nurses saying that Kimberly could've lost her eyesight, but thankfully recovered from that. Also that she has many different broken bones. Like 13? Something like that. She also suffered a concussion. Slipped into a coma."

"Nathan. I know that you're mad at me for what happened to her. But, why must you always continue to blame me?"

"Because who else would I blame? Your father?"

There was silence shortly after that.

"Of course... my father," Ryan agreed and it sounded like they had just made the biggest breakthrough in the entire world. "Who else? He probably hired a hitman or something to kill me." He didn't sound shocked at the fact his own father would try to kill his very own son.

Suddenly, my eyes slowly opened and I saw the blurry backs of Ryan and Nathan. There was ringing in my ear so I couldn't hear what they were saying. All I saw were blurry movements, their hands, as they were talking. The ringing subsided and I heard a knock on the door. I closed my eyes without thinking and I pretended to still be asleep.

"Uh.. who are you?" Nathan asked, probably to the person who entered the room.

"I was sent by Isaiah Winchester." It was a deep man voice.

"Yes, but who are you?" Ryan spoke up and there was some silence. I was assuming they were all glancing at each other.

"Umm... I'm David Sterling. I'm your brother, well, half-brother, I should say." He had no problem saying it, and he said it clearly without stuttering or mumbling.

There was a long, awkward silence. "M-My what?" It was Ryan's voice. The man directed that towards Ryan. I was so surprised that my eyes wanted to bulge out of their sockets, but I kept my eyes shut. I wanted them to leave before I can open them again.

"Hey, let's discuss this somewhere else. We should let Kimberly rest in peace," Nathan suggested and Ryan agreed. Soon, I heard the door shut and I opened my eyes once again.

This time, I took a good look at myself—my body laying on the bed—and I noticed all the casts I had on. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I tried to lift my head off my pillow, but I couldn't. A sob escaped my throat as I looked up at the ceiling. Fuck you Mr. Winchester!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you guys so much for reading! :) I wonder if any of you weren't expecting this book to have taken a turn like this. Or, if many of you already knew.

Anyways! I am thankful that I have the many reads I have now! I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys!

Once again, pay no attention to the many mistakes in this book. I am aware haha..

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow!

~Bethany<3