16.

Mrs. Winchester led me to a hotel room, on the third floor. Ryan and Mr. Bradley went their separate directions. "Okay, let's get you dolled up," she told me as we entered the room.

There were racks of dresses everywhere, and shelves of shoes and there were ladies waiting, with a giant amount of makeup laid out everywhere.

"M-May I ask what all this if for?" I asked her and she just shook her head.

"I'll tell you after, let's just get you all dressed up. And me, as well," she told me. One of the ladies picked out a blue violet dress, saying it complimented my skin tone, and then she picked out some all white wedges.

The dress was very fitting, and it clung to my body. It made me feel self-conscious, and I tried to argue with the lady about getting a different dress, but she didn't even listen to me.

I slipped on the white wedges and then went to sit down for them to do my makeup.

The only thing I did like about the dress, was that it went to my knees. I get very self-conscious when it comes to my thighs.

It took about two hours and by the time we were done, it was time for lunch.

Mrs. Winchester was wearing a red, silky and flowy, dress and black heels. Her hair was loosely curled and she wore bright red lipstick. They just put a nude lipstick on me and they straightened my hair.

We went to go meet Mr. Bradley and Ryan. Ryan was wearing a suit, and he looked so miserable. When he saw me, his eyes widened slightly and he turned away.

"Wow, you look so lovely, Mrs. Winchester. You look lovely, as well, Ms. Kimberly," Mr. Brady complimented us both and I smiled.

"Of course," Mrs. Winchester responded with a smile.

"Thank you... I-Is it too much?" I asked, but both Mrs. Winchester and Mr. Bradley shook their heads.

"Yes, it is. You look stupid," Ryan responded and I was about to say something back, but Mrs. Winchester interrupted.

"We should get going. Lunch awaits us," she said and we followed her into this large, fancy restaurant. It was amazing that this was in the hotel.

We got escorted to a nice table in the back, and there were a couple of men already seated there. Then, I spotted one of the men from when I had the incident with Hailey, before at Walmart.

"Kimberly, meet my husband, Mr. Winchester," Mrs. Winchester introduced me to him and I shook his hand.

"I heard a lot about you," he said to me and I gulped as Mr. Bradley pulled out the chair for Mrs. Winchester, and then for me.

I sat in between Ryan and Mrs. Winchester. "Is she the one you wanted?" One of the men asked Mr. Winchester, quietly, but loud enough for me to hear.

"We'll talk about it later," Mr. Winchester answered, and then he turned to look at me. "Enjoy the lunch, it's on the hotel."

I nodded, and thanked him as we were all served. "These are the new dishes Chef Wasaka has made for you all to try," one of the waiters informed us. "If there is anything you need, please let me know."

I looked up at him as he placed the plate on the table in front of me. He smiled and gave me a little wink before leaving.

"Ryan, you'll be working at the hotel," Mr. Winchester informed him and Ryan slammed his fork down.

"No! I am not. You cannot keep on forcing me," Ryan said, raising his voice and a few people around us turned to look at our table.

"You are my only son. You will be taking over my business once I am gone." Mr. Winchester took a sip of his wine.

"Well, I don't want to be your son!" Ryan stood up and stormed off. I stood up as well.

"I'll go get him. Don't worry!" I hurried after him. I wanted an excuse to leave. I felt so awkward just sitting there.

I caught up to Ryan, my wedged clicking against the floor, giving my presence away. Ryan turned to look at me. "What? What do you want from me?" He asked me and I sighed.

"Nothing. I just want to thank you, is all," I told him and he looked at me with a confused expression.

"Why?"

"You gave me an excuse to leave, to be honest with you. So, thanks," I said and I turned to leave, but he grabbed my arm.

"What's your deal?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you keep being nice to me, like this? Whenever I do something, you're always there. Can't you just leave me alone?" His grip tightened on my arm.

"What if I don't want to?" I responded and his eyes widened.

"Then, I guess I'll have to do this." He reached down and kissed me on my lips. I tried to push him away, but he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer towards him.

When he pulled apart, he just smirked at me.

"I-I...I think you have t-the wrong idea..." I said to him and he shook his head.

"I don't think I do. Let's get out of here," he said to me as he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the hotel.

"Ryan! Let go of me!" I raised my voice at him as I struggled to break free from his grip.

"If you don't want this, then stop trying to get close to me. If you're doing it out of pity, then I don't need it!" He yelled and he walked away.

Crap, if I don't do something, then I'm going to ruin everything. I accepted the job, I need to complete my mission.

I jogged after him and I grabbed his wrist. "I do...I do want to get close to you. And I don't pity you. I just want to be your friend," I explained and he stared at me.

He started to laugh and I just stood there, feeling so dumb. "God, I really, really want to kiss you again right now. You're too funny. If you want to be friends, then I guess I'll have to see what kind of effort you put in."

"What do you mean?"

"Geez, are you stupid? Prove to me that you can be my friend. You'll have to put up with all the shit that I do," he answered and I sighed.

"Okay, okay. And you're so frickin' rude."

×××××××××××××××××××××

How was that? Going too fast? Going too slow?

I accept ANY type of form of criticism. I would love to know ways to improve. (Don't be a dick about it though)

Thank you guys for reading :)

Let's get this story up to 80 votes please. :)

Love you all so much, don't forget to smile.

~Bethany<3