Chapter 1: Get Lost, Freak

Felicia's POV

I opened the car door, letting the fresh air hit me as I stepped out. The first day of school is always the worst. I turned as I shut the door and looked in the window of my brothers old black pontiac. I leaned down to look inside. He sat in the driver's seat and his messy brown hair fell in front of his face. I laughed as I took in his appearance. He hadn't bothered to get changed. He was in his Penn State sweatshirt and gray sweatpants. He had always wanted to go to Penn State, but some other things got in the way.

He looked over at me, his hair swaying to the side and out of his face. "You gonna be alright?" he asked in his low, deep voice. He was always really over protective of me.

"Seth, I'll be fine," I reassured him. I stood up and turned around to face the school. It was bigger than my old school and it seemed busier. There were some kids milling around, going in and out of the school. Some teachers here and there, coming in late. Was I going to be alright?

"Well I'm just checking since you are starting school in the middle of the year," he stated. Oh yeah, I thought.

"Thanks Seth, but that just made things worse," I sighed. The more I looked to the school the more I wished that I didn't have to go in.

"I'm just saying don't let anyone push you around." He always wanted me to be tough and stick up for myself. "And I'm sure you'll find friends. Everybody always likes you," he said with a smile.

I smiled back, then the bell rang. Not everyone, I thought. "I gotta go, I'll see you after school though. I love you."

I started to walk away from the car and I heard him yell behind me, "I love you too, Leecie. Have a good day."

I held my head up high as I got closer to the school doors. I reached for the door handle to pull it open. My hand lingered there for a moment. I can do this, I thought. I took a deep breath and opened the school doors.

I was immediately hit with the not so fresh scent of all the people walking around. It was a mix of perfume, cologne, sweat, and cleaning products. It was not pleasant. Besides the smell, everything else seemed completely normal for a school. People stood in small groups. Some were by lockers alone. Some were walking down the hall. Some kept their heads down and walked as if they were on a mission. I assumed their mission was to get to class without being noticed. I had the same, although it was a bit more difficult for me since I didn't know where I was going.

I didn't know who to ask. Some people seemed really intimidating and others seemed like they didn't even care. I walked up to one of the groups of girls who seemed quieter than everyone else. I tapped one of the girls shoulders. "Excuse me," I said. "Uh, I'm new here and I was just wondering if you could tell me where I'm supposed to go?"

The girls all looked at me like I had three heads. I was just asking where the to go. The girl whose shoulder I tapped spoke up first. "Get lost, freak!" she yelled at me. I stumbled backwards, shocked from her hostile attitude. Her friends just stood there and laughed at the whole ordeal. What the hell was wrong with people?

As I was backing up I bumped into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry," I said turning around and seeing a tall blonde in heels staring down at me. She towered over me in her four in heels, but without them I'm sure we would have been the same height.

"Who are you?" she asked annoyed as she looked down at me. The two other girls that had been following behind her, stared me down as I was about to answer her question.

"Uh, I'm Felicia?" I said more as a question. Is that what she was looking for? "I'm new here and I was just looking for the office."

She smiled at me. It seemed weird. She was so cold at first. "Oh, you're new," she said cheerfully. "Well in that case, go down the hall, take a left and then there will be an unmarked door on your right. That's the office." She smiled at me. "Have a good first day." Her friends laughed as they walked down the hallway. People moved out of their way and they formed a v like they were geese or something.

When they were far down the hallway I saw someone's eyes on me. It wasn't like everyone else though. Other people were staring at me and glaring and it was pure hatred and annoyance. But this was different. He seemed friendlier than others in a weird way. His eyes weren't glaring at me, they looked confused. I walked past him as I went down the hall towards the main office and his eyes bore into mine. I could see his features. He was probably a foot taller than me, with dark brown hair and small freckles that ran across the bridge of his nose. His eyes were what caused me to keep looking. They were your average brown color but the way he looked at me. It was intriguing. He had his gray hood pulled on top of his head and he was pressed against the wall behind him. It all made him seem even more mysterious and dark.

As I walked by him I put my head down and continued the way that blonde girl had told me. Go down the hall, take a left and then there will be an unmarked door on your right. That's the office.

I walked down one of the dark deserted hallways that she had pointed me towards. I helplessly roamed this big school just trying to look for one room. I followed the directions she had given and found myself at big blue door without a label on the door or a wall or anything. Wouldn't an office be labeled. I also thought people would be nicer so I could be wrong about a lot.

I looked around at the hallway. It was kind of dark and it was weird that the office would be down here. I put my hand on the door knob and slowly turned it. As I pushed the door open I heard someone in a low voice yell, "STOP!" but it was too late. I had already seen too much. This was definitely not something I had planned on seeing on my first day