Chapter 6: Five Year Old

Felicia's POV

When Friday night came around I had been sitting on the couch after school eating another bowl of pickles. I was watching TV with Seth, but then he got a phone call and went upstairs to take it.

He had been upstairs for almost an hour. I turned down the TV trying to hear their conversation, but I think he realized that I was listening because I heard his bedroom door close. What was so mysterious that I couldn't even hear about it? Seth and I told each other everything and he knew that I was already worried about him. He must have known that this wouldn't help his case.

After more minutes of waiting for him to come back downstairs he never did. The doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. When I opened the door I saw the tall, dark haired Jonah standing in my doorway wearing a black T-shirt and jeans with a leather jacket.

Ugh, it was happening. He was actually here at my house. Time to embarrass myself. "Hi, come on in," I said opening the door enough so he could come in. I closed it behind him. I hadn't exactly told Seth that he was coming over. I was going to earlier, but he was on the phone the whole time, so I never got the chance. There was no point in lying to him now though.

He came down the stairs still on the phone. "Who's here?" he asked. There was no reason for me to explain though, because the minute he saw that there was a guy standing in the living room, he gave me a questioning look once again.

"Uh, Seth, this is Jonah. He's a friend from school," I said. He looked at Jonah and kept talking on the phone.

"Okay, I'm on my way," he said and hung up. "Why didn't you tell me you were having a friend over?" he asked. I could tell he was agitated.

"I was going to, but you were on the phone the whole time," I said stating my point.

Seth sighed and looked around. " Can I talk to you upstairs?" he asked.

I looked at Jonah and gave him the one minute finger and followed Seth upstairs. We went in his room and he closed the door. "Look, before you say he has to leave, please listen," I said begging him. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and waited. "I'm just tutoring him."

"Yeah, that's how it always starts. Next thing you know he will be moving in and you'll be having-" I cut him off.

"Look," I said crossing my arms in front of my chest, copying him. "He needs help in math. Let me help him, please. When we're done he can leave and if anything happens between us then you can make him leave." That made him consider it.

"Sandra's at the airport. She needs a ride." He was contemplating what to do. "I don't have to pick her up. I can have someone else get her." Sandra was Seth's new girlfriend and she just got back from a business trip and needed a ride home.

"No it's fine go pick her up and I will call you if I need anything," I said shoving him out of his room and back downstairs. "Please just trust me. Everything will be fine."

He stopped in the living room in front of Jonah who was now sitting on the couch. Jonah stood to talk to Seth. "Hello, sir," Jonah said awkwardly. It was weird hearing someone call Seth sir.

"Nice to meet you. I hear you need some help in math," Seth said. Way to embarrass him. I could see that Jonah's face started to get red as he nodded. "Don't try anything while you're studying," Seth said.

"Okay, you can go now," I said shoving him towards the door once again, before it got even more awkward. Seth always did this type of thing when he was leaving me around someone he didn't trust.