Chapter 18: That's Emma's Ex

"So, does everyone understand what I mean when I say, you all need to do the homework?" Mr. Heidi asked.

"Yes," everyone responded.

I sat in my seat behind Emma writing on my notebook. I hadn't realized that I was writing Jonah's name over and over again in different ways. One with a swirl at the end of the j. Another with a heart at the bottom of the h. He was so sweet and amazing and his eyes were so pretty. I couldnt help but-

"Felicia? Are you listening to me?" asked Mr. Heidi

"Yes, um" I covered my notebook with my homework and looked up at Mr. Heidi who was now standing next to me. "Yes."

"Then can you tell me what the main theme of To Kill a Mockingbird is?" He walked back up to the front of the classroom.

"Um, well, the theme," I didn't know. I wasn't paying attention. "Um..." then bell rang. "Oh thats the bell. Maybe I could tell you on Monday." Thank god it was Friday. I was ready to go home and take a nap.

I picked up my books and my notebook and walked out of the classroom. I walked to my locker and put my binders inside of it. I looked at my notebook one last time and right when I was going to put it away, someone came up behind me and took it out of my hands. "Hey." I turned around and saw Jonah staring at it and smiling. "Stop," I whined.

I tried to take it back but he moved out of the way before I could grab it. "Oh no. I am keeping this." He started to run down the hallway when I grabbed his arm. He dragged me down the hall a little bit and then gave up.

He gave me back the notebook and I walked back to my locker with him following. I put it in my locker, "thank you." I kissed him on the cheek and he wrapped me in his arms.

"You ready to go?" He asked kissing my cheek.

"No." I backed up a little bit and held his hands. " In a minute, I just have to ask Emma a question. I'll be right back."

I walked up to Emma who was at her locker. She was staring at a group of guys that Ethan was standing with. "Hey, did you lose something?" I asked pointing to Ethan.

"Yes. Why doesn't he want to be with me?" I looked at Emma, so confused.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

Emma closed her locker and put her backpack over her shoulders. "Jonah didn't tell you? Me and Ethan broke up. He doesn't want me anymore."

"I don't think Jonah knows that." Emma looked so upset. "I'm sure there's just a misunderstanding. I'm positive he still wants you."

"No he doesn't. At his party the other night I saw him dancing and making out with Ashley. I pulled her off of him and started fighting with her. The worst part was what he said after." Emma took a big breath. "He said, there's enough of me for both of you." A small tear fell from her eye and onto her cheek.

I pulled her into a hug. "Hey it's okay. Even if he doesn't want you, which I'm sure is not the case, then you need to find yourself another man, okay?" she nodded. "come with me and Jonah to the mall right now and we are going to look for a guy for you." She laughed and we hooked arms.

We walked back to Jonah and he put his arm across my shoulders. "Ready?"

"Yeah. Do you mind if Emma comes with us?" I looked at Emma who was smiling.

"Not at all." We walked to Jonah's car and he drove us to the mall.

Jonah's POV

When we got to the mall Emma and Felicia went into a store to look for a dress. I stopped at the music store first to look fir a new cd. I walked up to one shelf and found exactly what I was looking for, the new Fall Out Boy cd. I picked it up and walked up to the cash register. I paid for it a d then walked walked back to the store where Emma and Felicia were.