Chapter 4: Jonah, right?

Felicia's POV

I walked in the main office and there was a woman sitting at a desk. She had gray hair and she wore glasses. She was typing something on her computer and she glanced up at me for a split second, but then continued to type. "Uh, I'm new here and I got a email a few weeks ago telling me to come to the main office on my first day," I said waiting for her to do something to help me out.

She pointed down a small hall and said, "First door on your right." I smiled at her and walked down the hall. Was she serious? Not even a proper sentence?

I knocked on the door and the woman standing by the window turned around to look at me. She smiled and motioned for me to come in. She was on the phone, but quickly ended the phone call. "I have to go, I have a student. I will call you back after." She hung up the phone and sat in her seat.

"Hello," she said reaching her hand out to shake mine. "I'm Mrs. Crawford. You must be Felicia Rudd." She smiled at me and I nodded. She was dressed in a dark gray, knee length skirt and a nicely fitted gray business jacket. She had her hair pinned into a tight bun. Her dark eyes were on the screen in front of her as she was pulling up my file, I assumed.

"It looks like you are a very intelligent student, Ms. Rudd," she said. I smiled. "It's great to be able to have yet another high academic scoring student here." She reached over to her printer and pulled out a paper. "This is your schedule," she said showing me the paper. She pointed to a few things as she spoke. "This is the period of the class and the time. This is the class and this is the teacher. Some classes are only a semester long, like your study hall. You had requested an art class the second semester so you will have that third period as the next semester starts."

She gave me the paper and started to take out a sticky note pad. "The semester ends in a few weeks so a lot of the classes that you are taking right now won't be very hard until the second semester. The teachers will understand that you are new and probably won't start grading hard until the second semester."

She seemed incredible friendly, but something kind of different about her. "This is the name of your guidance counselor. If you need anything you can go to her. If there is a problem with your schedule or classes or classmates she can do her best to help." She looked at the clock and placed the sticky note on my schedule.

"I know that's a lot of information, but it is the first day. If you are late for classes I'm sure the teacher will understand." She stood up and I did as well. "I can walk you to your first class."

We left her office and made our way to my English class. It was upstairs, but it was easy to get to. There weren't any turns or anything.

She opened the door and let me in. "Sorry, Mr. Halsey. This is Felicia. She's new here and I was just meeting with her." Mrs. Crawford smiled at the teacher.

"Oh, that's alright," he said. "Nice to meet you Felicia, you can take a seat anywhere you'd like." I smiled at him and went to an empty seat a few rows back from the front. It was surrounded by some girls that were dressed in dresses and some jocks and some nerds. Things were really defined here.

I sat bored through all of my classes the whole day. I didn't really have to do anything all day, just how I like it. When the day ended I found the main entrance which was near the office and I opened the doors. The bell had rung a while ago, signalling that school was over so there weren't many people outside waiting for their ride. I sat on a bench and took out my phone. It was 2:42. Seth should be here soon.

I sat there wating, then someone came outside. Someone familiar. "Hi," he said.

"Oh hi, Jonah, right?" I replied.

He touched the back of his neck with his right hand. "Yeah, Felicia, right?" he said jokingly. He sat down next to me. "Do you need a ride?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No, my brother is on his way.""Okay, how was your first day? It wasn't too bad, was it?" he asked.I laughed a little bit.

"No, it wasn't bad at all. I didn't do anything in any class. It was so boring," I said, talking to him like we had been friends for ages.

"When is it ever interesting?" he said. I laughed at his sense of humor. It was the kind that I liked. It was a bit sarcastic, but it was actually funny and not mean and harsh.

Just then my phone buzzed.

Seth: Where are you?

Me: By the front

I stood up as Seth was about to pull up. "My brother is here," I said and started to walk towards the road but he stopped me.

"Wait, I don't even get your number?" he said.I laughed.

"Well, that depends," I said.

"On what?"

"On whether or not you're going to ask," I said. That was no way to ask for a girls number.

He laughed. "Felicia, can I please get your number?" he asked with a smile. I nodded and handed him my phone. He put his number in as Awesome Due and Your Best Friend. He handed his phone to me and I put my number in, but halfway through someone honked their horn. I turned around and saw Seth in the car by the curb. I held up my index finger, telling him to wait a minute.I finished putting in my number and gave it back to him.

"Bye," Jonah yelled to me.

"Bye Awesome Dude," I yelled back.

"And Your Best Friend," he said. I laughed and smiled at him as I got in the car and Seth drove away.