Chapter 16: I Wasn't Expecting That

Felicia's POV

After school I met Jonah at the main entrance. "Hey," I said as I walked up to him.

"Hey," he said, "How was school?" He put his arm around my shoulders and took my backpack for me.

He was so sweet. "Good, I have so much homework though. Where's your backpack?"

"I don't need it. I don't have any homework." He started walking towards the Junior parking lot.

"Where are you going?" He stopped and just looked at me.

"To my car." He let go of me and kept walking towards what I guess was his car. It was a red Toyota truck. It was pretty banged up but it was cool. I liked it.

I walked a little bit faster to catch up to him. He put my backpack in the back seat and then got in the drivers seat. I walked to the passenger side and got in. "Wait, you can drive?"

He nodded, "How do you think I got to your house when you called the other night?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. How old are you?"

"I'm 16, almost 17. I'm a Junior." He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. "Why, how old are you?"

"16. My birthday is in the summer. When's yours?" I pulled my legs up to the dash board. It was the most comfortable position right now.

"My birthday is in a few weeks. It's February 25." He looked over at me.

"Cool, I'll remember that." We sat in the car just listening to music and having small conversations. He asked what my favorite color was, teal, and I asked what his was, dark red (hence the color of his truck). We talked about movies and songs and I sang some of the songs that came on the radio. CHLOE, I know your sister turns everyone on, but you're the one I want! He asked why I didn't sing more and I told him it was because I was scared that people would make fun of me because I wasn't that good.

When we pulled into my driveway we just sat there for a little while. "Where's Seth?" He asked.

"I think he's still at work, but he might have gone to Sandra's. Oh, I almost forgot, how was the car ride with Sandra?" I asked.

"Oh, it was just great. She asked me how we met, who I was and she told me not to hurt you." He scratched the back of his neck, thinking about what to say next. It was like he wasn't telling me something. Or maybe he was just choosing his words carefully. He looked at me and said, "She really does care about you, you know."

"Ha ha, yeah right. She doesn't care about me at all. I don't even know why."

"Maybe it's because you never let her in. Maybe you just need to tell her a little bit about yourself." He got out of the car and went to the back to get my backpack. I tried to open my door but it wouldn't work. "Oh yeah, you can only open this door from the outside." He came around and opened it for me. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay. It's better than walking home." I got out and he closed the door behind me. We walked to the door and I got my key out of my backpack. When we got inside he put my stuff down by the kitchen table. I looked at the mail that was on the table. There was an envelope from my grandparents. It probably had money in it or something. I put it back on the table and threw the rest away.

Jonah sat down at the table and I sat across from him. "So when do you want to tell Seth?" he asked.

"Not now, he will hate you."

I put my hands out on the table and Jonah held them and said, "No he wont. I don't want to lie to Seth. He said he trusted me and if I lie about it he might not."