Chapter 17: Macaroni or Chicken?

Felicia's POV

I stood next to the door holding Jonah's coat. It was almost 7 and Jonah needed to get home. "Thanks for the ride home," I said. I opened the door and handed his jacket to him. He took it and came in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in tightly. His right hand was on the small of my back and his left hand was above his right hand. I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, "If we keep hugging you wont make it home before 7."

That made him laugh. "Alright." He kissed me on the cheek and walked to his car. I watched him get in and when I was about to shut the door he yelled to me. "Don't forget, dinner at my house tomorrow night." He winked at me and pulled out of the drive way. I smiled a little bit and closed the door.

I walked into the living room and realized it was really quiet. What was Seth doing upstairs? Just then I remembered that he didn't seem like himself when he got home today.

I went upstairs and went to Seth's door. It was open a little bit and the light was on. I could hear him moving papers on the other side of the door. I knocked twice and waited for an answer. Normally I would walk right in but he didn't seem very happy and he might want to be alone. Maybe he was just tired when he got home. Or maybe he was stressed out about work.

I was cut off from my thoughts when I heard Seth's voice, "Come in."

I opened the door a crack and stuck my head in. "Hey, is everything alright?" I walked in and sat on his bed next to him.

He moved the papers that were on the bed and put them back in the shoe box that they had come from. "Yeah everything's fine." His voice was very rushed and he wouldn't look at me.

I lowered my head to get into his view. "Are you sure?" I could tell that something was wrong but why wouldn't he tell me?

Seth stood up and raised his voice, "Yes, everything is fine. Just leave me alone. I don't want you here. You wont understand." Seth's eyes were wide and his hair was very messy. I can't believe he would yell at me like that. I can't believe he would say he doesn't want me. Tears started to well in my eyes. I blinked quickly to try to get the tears to go away. Seth's face softened when he realized what he had said. His facial features were relaxed now and he didn't look as angry as he did before. He looked guilty and regretful.

I stood up and ran to my room. He didn't want me. I slammed the door behind me and flopped onto my bed. My face sunk into my pillow as I started to cry heavily. I heard Seth open the door and come in my room. He was next to my bed in seconds. He just stood there for a little while unsure of what to say or do. He knelt down next to my bed and put his hand on the back of my head. "Leecie, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean any of it."

The pillow was starting to get wet from my tears and it was becoming uncomfortable. I sat up and leaned against the wall next to my bed. I pulled my legs close to me. "You said you didn't want me." I covered my face with my hands. I hated crying in front of Seth. I was supposed to be strong around him. We were supposed to be strong for each other.

Seth took my hands in his and removed them from my face. "Leecie, I wouldn't be able to live without you. I love you, you know that. I didn't mean anything I said. I'm just really upset and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I am really, really, really sorry." I tilted my head down so I wouldn't see him and being my brother, Seth did exactly what I did to him. He tilted his head down and into my view. He smiled and normally that would get me to smile but it didn't this time. He raised his eyebrows into a pleading kind of look.

He got on my bed and sat next to me. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. He kissed the top of my head hugged me even tighter. I hugged him back and continued to cry on his shoulder, soaking his dark green shirt.

We sat there for about 10 minutes. Me crying on his shoulder and him hugging me. Finally when I stopped crying I broke the silence. "So what's wrong?" I turned my gaze toward him and he knew that I wanted to help him. He looked at me and took a deep breath.

"Do you know what was in the envelope that Grammy and Gramps sent us?" Our grandparents had sent us money before so I just thought that was what it was. I guess I was wrong. Seth never got this mad when they sent money.

"I thought it was money." He looked relieved that I was wrong.

"It wasn't. It was a letter. They sent a letter. That's what I was reading in my room that got me so mad. They were saying that they messed up and they should have taken better care of you." I didn't understand why Seth got so mad about that and he could tell. "I was angry because they are apologizing for something that happened 5 years ago. They are just now apologizing for messing up your childhood." Seth held my hand and looked at me. I looked up at him while he finished telling me what the letter said. "They started to talk about mom and dad too. They said that they were sorry for how they treated us and that our parents should have treated us better. They were saying that our parents didn't treat us right and that they did better. They never even asked you how your day was once while we lived there. They barely talked to us while we were there." Seth stood up and pulled me up too. "Come here. I want to show you something."

We walked into his room and he took the shoe box back out from under his bed. I sat down on the edge of his bed and watched him. He opened the box and in it were a bunch of pictures. He took them out. He handed me a stack and he laid a bunch out on the bed. I looked through the ones in my hand. Some were of mom and dad and some were of me and Seth. Some of them were of Seth and our parents but not many of them. I wasn't in any with our parents. I was 6 when they died. There was one picture of Seth and my parents. They were standing in front of a huge building. I was guessing it was the Empire State Building. I flipped through more of the pictures. There was one of me and Seth. It looked like he was about 15. I must have been 8. He had me on his back and we were running around in a sprinkler. We weren't at our grandparents house though. We were at our aunts house. She moved away when our parents died.

I put the pictures back in the box and looked at Seth. "Do you mind if we don't look at these now?" I know Seth enjoyed this stuff because he could remember it but I couldn't and it just made me frustrated.

"No we can do something else. Lets go downstairs and make some dinner. It's kind of late. What do you want, macaroni or chicken?"

"How about both." We walked downstairs and Seth started to bake the chicken and I made the macaroni. We set out plates and we sat down at the kitchen table and ate. We talked about things that I remembered and school and he even brought up Jonah. He asked how we were doing and I told him it had only been a day. I talked to him about dinner at his house tomorrow and that I would be going to the mall to get something nice to wear. He gave me the money that our grandparents had sent and told me to buy something nice. I took in the money he gave me. It was $200. Don't mind if I do. 

*************************************************************************************

Ok so I need my readers' advise. I don't know what you guys think about these last two chapters. Did you like that they told Seth? Did you want them to keep it a secret? Did you like the whole thing between Seth and Felicia? I just want you guys to tell me so I can make this story better. If you have any suggestions on how to improve my writing let me know and I will think about changing or adding it. If I like your idea I might use it and I will dedicate the chapter to you or give you a shout out in my story. Ok thank you all so much. You guys mean so much to me. I am really happy I have gotten so many reads and votes. Love you guys! Later!