Chapter 33: Say Something

Felicia's POV

I had received a bunch of texts from Jonah in the past five days. I didn't respond to any though. I really couldn't see him right now. I needed my space from him if I wanted to make it up to Seth. Jonah had called me sixteen times one day trying to find out why I wasn't answering. After I hadn't responded he started asking if I was okay. It really hurt, though. When I listened to my voicemails they were all from him. His voice sounded so desperate. So sad and, alone.

When Saturday came around I made my way to Emma's house where I found Derek's car parked in the driveway. The last time I was at this house, that guy put his hands all over me.

I walked up to the door and knocked. I was instantly pulled inside. I stumbled through the doorway, making eye contact with Emma's brother on the way in. He was siting in the living room watching some weird boy show with a bunch of old cars on the screen.

I ran into the kitchen with Emma and sat on one of the stools that was at the counter. Emma walked up to Derek and wrapped her arms around his torso. He was standing at the stove cooking something with eggs in it. He turned around briefly and smiled at me. "Hi Felicia. Do you want breakfast?"

I smiled back. "No thanks. I already ate."

He turned back around and kept cooking. Emma kissed his back and came to sit with me. "So what do you want to do today?" she asked. I just shrugged. All I knew was I wanted I to be fun and memorable.

"Here," she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the stairs. "Come help me pick out an outfit for today."

We ran upstairs leaving Derek to cook. When we got to her room I was surprised when I saw how big it was. It was the size of me and Seth's rooms combined. My jaw dropped when I stepped in the white carpeted room. Emma's king sized bed with a purple and white comforter was raised up a little bit on a platform that was about two feet off the ground. On the platform she had a flat screen tv on a long table across from her bed. She had a book shelf across the room overflowing with books. She had huge speakers next to the book shelf. She shuffled over to them an plugged her phone into the cord that was dangling down from the side of one speaker. As she chose the music I sat at her window seat.

There was a small white cushion pressed onto the purple bordered wood. I looked out of the window, seeing the birds fly from tree to tree. Seeing the squirrels jump from branch to branch in search of nuts. It was so peaceful here. "Do you like the room?" she asked. It sounded a bit sarcastic. "All of the expensive stuff in here?" She played Shake It Off by Taylor Swift and walked towards her double doored closet. "My parents are never around so whenever they can't make it home for something important they just send an expensive gift." She shuffled through her wardrobe and eventually pulled out a tribal print shirt and some jean shorts.

I just sat in amazement. How can someone who never sees her parents look so happy all the time?

Emma changed and then went to the bathroom to do her hair. I stayed over by the window seat just watching the birds fly by the window. This was a really peaceful spot. It's probably how Emma copes with being alone sometimes.

My thoughts were interrupted Derek when he knocked on the door and walked in. "I have food, babe." I turned around to see him staring down at the plates in his hand in concentration. When he looked up the shock on his face was priceless. "Oh sorry. I thought Emma was in here." He smiled and set the food on her desk.

"She's in the bathroom." I sat criss cross applesauce facing Derek. He took a piece of bacon off the plate and shoved it in his mouth.

"So what are we doing today?" He sat down on her bed looking at me for an answer.