Chapter 9: Is He Cute?

Felicia’s POV

We all had finished our breakfast. Me sitting on the couch watching Spongebob and Jonah and Seth sitting in the kitchen eating Froot Loops. I swear they were both just like little kids. Talking about video games, cars, and girls. It was kind of cute that they were getting along so well. I mean normally Seth had hated any guy I had an interest in. And Jonah, I barely knew the guy and I 'slept' with him last night. I still couldn’t get over that.

Jonah's dark brown hair was casually messy from just waking up. He started out talking quietly, but when he realized Seth was a big softy, he opened up a bit. Jonah was the kind of guy who could charm anyone, from what I have seen.

“Leecie, hello?” Seth had been talking to me.

“Oh sorry, what?” I asked.

“I was telling you that I was going out to Sandra’s. I’ll probably get back around 10 so don’t wait if you get tired.” He then looked over at Jonah sort of giving a soft glare. “You can stay as long as you want but try not to sleep over this time.” He patted Jonah’s back. I had gotten up and walked towards the door. I met him there. I gave him his jacket and he kissed me on the forehead. “Bye Leecie.” He walked out of the house and I waved as he drove off.

Jonah put his bowl in the sink and walked into the living room to sit on the couch. When he walked past me he started laughing. “What?” I asked as I sat next to him.

He turned his gaze on the TV. “I saw you checkin’ me out.” He smirked at me and laughed throwing his head back. His laugh was great. It wasn’t too loud and it wasn’t really quiet. It wasn’t annoying and it wasn’t the best sound I had ever heard either. It was something I couldn’t describe. It was natural. It was one of the more natural things about him. He had never been so calm and collected like he was now. “You’re doing it again.” He said laughing again.

“I was not,” I protested. I was blushing and I knew it. 

He knew it too because he pointed it out. “You’re blushing.” He got right in my face and kind of leaned against me. I backed up as far as the couch would allow. Eventually I ran out of room though. In return he got closer so our noses were touching. “Don’t deny it. You like what you see.” I could feel his warm breath against my face. I did like what I saw, but I wasn’t about to admit it. I swallowed and when he realized I wasn’t going to respond, he got up and walked to the bathroom and closed the door.

I gave out a heavy breath and realized that I had been holding my breath the whole time. Does he make me that nervous?

I walked upstairs and went into the bathroom. I reached in the closet and took out a towel. I walked back downstairs and saw Jonah sitting on the couch. He had changed the channel to a car reposition show. It was called Lizard Lick Towing.

Jonah was laying on the couch with his hand underneath his head. I threw the towel in his face. “Take a shower if you want. I will be upstairs if you need anything.” He took the towel off his face and smiled. I turned around quietly and walked upstairs. I heard him yell, “Thank you.” I didn’t respond and just kept walking. But I did smile a little bit, I will admit to that.

While Jonah was taking his shower, I called my friend from my old school. I sat on my bed as I dialed the number. Jessica answered the phone and shrieked, “Omg, girl I haven’t talked to you in forever. What’s up?”

“First things first. I have boy drama.” She shreiked again.

“Yay! Who? When? What?” She talks really fast a lot.

“His name is Jonah. He goes to my school. It’s nothing serious though. He just asked me to help him study-”

When the word study came out she cut me off. “Dude, he’s into you. Guys don’t study first of all and they definitely don’t ask pretty girls to help them study, unless they’re into them.”

“Anyway,” before she could continue her rant about him liking me I cut in. “I’m not done. He needed a place to stay last night and I told him he could stay with me.” She screamed this time. It wasn’t a little shriek, it was full on scream at the top of her lungs. When she was done screaming I heard a knock on the door. I was about to answer when Jonah walked in.

Jessica was still talking when Jonah said, “Sorry, I hope I’m not interrupting anything but I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie.”

Jessica screamed again, “Is he there right now?” There was a pause and me and Jonah just stared at each other. She was so loud both of us could hear her without having the phone next to our ears. Jonah had a confused and then relieved look on his face. I think it was because he realized we were talking about him. Then he smiled when Jessica said, “Wait, is he cute?”

I covered the phone receiver with my hand. Jonah raised an eyebrow and formed another smile. “Sure,” I answered him. I watched him walk down the stairs, “and yes,” I said to the phone, “very cute. I have to go, talk to you later.”

“Bye good luck with the movie.” I could tell she was laughing.

“Shut up.” I said and hung up. I walked down stairs and sat on the couch next to Jonah. “What are we watching?”

He smiled and said. “Whatever you want.”

Hey guys!!! So did you like Seth and Jonah bonding? COMMENT!!! Thanks for reading. Comment, vote, all that stuff. Love you all!!! :)