Chapter 11: They're Both too Drunk to Realize Anything

Jonah's POV

I walked from my house to the garage. I opened the door and pressed the button on the wall that opens the big doors. I unlocked my truck and opened and backed out. The drive to Ethan's house was about 5 minutes long. I passed Felicia's house. I looked out of the window. Why didn't she want to go with me? It couldn't have just been because she wanted to wait for Seth, could it? I just kept driving.

When I got to Ethan's driveway there were a bunch of cars. Some in the driveway, some on the street, and some on the lawn. I parked on the road. It was the easiest way to get out. I walked up to the door and didn't need to knock. It was already open. There were people on the porch with beers and all those alcoholic drinks. Surprisingly I don't drink. I know what your thinking. But your so cool. Don't all of the cool kids drink. Well, I tried it about 2 years ago at one of the senior parties. That stuff is disgusting. It tasted terrible, it made my throat hurt and I threw up after. I hated drinking because dunk people were very destructive, take my dad for example. Drunk people do things they don't mean, but that's never an excuse.

When I walked in I saw Isabella standing next to Ashley talking about who knows what. I just walked the other way. I was not going to get into another awkward conversation with her again. I went to find Ethan. He was standing with Emma, talking to some guys on the football team. They had asked me to play last year, but I declined. I wasn't really into hanging out with a bunch of guys and basically laying on them just to win. I don't think anyone who does that is the winner. I was thinking about it this year though, I don't know why. I guess it would just be another way to get out of the house. "Hey man." I walked up to Ethan. I could smell his breath from across the room. He was definitely drunk.

"Hey." He came towards me a little bit but Emma stopped him. He almost fell over just standing there. I didn't want to see what would happen if he tried to walk. I, instead, walked towards him. Emma gave me a smile. I guessed it was a hello and thank you. We were both working together to keep Ethan on his feet. Emma knew I didn't drink and neither did she. She always hung out with me at parties so she wouldn't be the only one not drinking.

"I'm going to go get something to drink. Do you want something?" I asked Emma.

"Can you get me some water?" She stood there holding Ethan up.

"Yeah." I walked away and into the kitchen. I walked to the refrigerator and got a water bottle for Emma. I looked around and found Sprite, Coke, and Pepsi. I grabbed a Coke and started to walk back into the living room, but I heard someone say my name.

"Jonah? I didn't know you were going to be here. Isn't it hilarious. I'm here and you're here." She did a little giggle after and threw herself on me. She was definitely drunk. Her breath smelled exactly like Ethan's. "Will you dance with me. Let's go dance." She started spinning around and almost fell a couple of times. I caught her and stood her up.

"Okay. I'll dance but I have to bring this drink to Emma. Hang on." I let go of her arms and she almost fell. I took her arm again and brought her with me. I walked up to Emma and handed her the water. "Are you going to be okay with him?" I pointed to Ethan who was still by her side but seemed even more drunk. How is it possible to get more drunk in that short amount of time that I was gone?

"I'll be fine. Are you going to be okay with her?" Emma nodded her head towards Isabella who was dancing on me now.

"I guess." We both laughed and I took Isabella to the room with the music. We danced and danced and danced. I think she was really enjoying herself. I wasn't really dancing. It was mostly her. I couldn't stop thinking about Felicia. I didn't understand why she didn't want to come with me. Maybe she wasn't into me like I was into her. I mean I really liked her and I wanted to be with her. Not just hang out, like actual be with her. Like date her.

Isabella put her hands around my neck and pulled me closer to her. I might as well enjoy this. I put my hands on her waist and pulled her against me. We danced around the room, her getting drunker by the minute, me staying sober. I tried to get people to stop giving her drinks but they wouldn't listen. I took out my phone to check the time. 11 o'clock.

Isabella's POV

I just kept drinking and drinking and drinking. Everything was getting really blurry but it was okay because I was dancing with Jonah and that's all I wanted. We were dancing to Gas Pedal when his phone went off. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the screen. Even though I was drunk I could still see what it said. Felicia. Why was she calling him? I turned his face towards me but he looked back at his phone and answered it. "Hello? You're dancing with ME, remember?" I questioned, actually wondering if he remembered.

"Yeah I have to take this." He let go of me and answered his phone. He walked to the back of the house and up stairs. He went into Ethan's room and stood there. I walked into the room quietly and stood in the doorway. "Hello? Felicia? Is everything okay?"

I could only hear some of the reply. "Can you come...I need...I'm... scared." What was she five? She was probably scared of a noise coming from outside. I laughed at myself and my joke. I threw my hand over my mouth and stopped myself before Jonah heard me.

"Yeah I'll be there in 5 minutes. Hang on."

"Okay, hurry." They hung up.

I put my hand on the door frame. "Going somewhere?" He turned around and put his phone away.

"What are you doing up here?" He walked toward me and tried to get past but I stood in his way. "I need to leave." I crossed my arms in front of me.

"Why? Where are you going? To see Felicia?" I walked up to him and touched his chest. "Why do you want her when you have me?" He took my hands and moved them to my side.

"I don't want to be here right now. I know you probably don't know what I'm saying because you're really drunk right now, but I need to go. If you don't remember any of this, then that's okay but I'm leaving." He stepped past me and I let him. I watched him walk down the stairs and into another room. I took out my phone and called Ashley. She didn't pick up.

I walked downstairs and found her in a fight with Emma. I guess she had been dancing with Ethan and Emma didn't like it. Emma grabbed Ethan's hand and went to leave the room with him but Ashley grabbed her hair and pulled her back. "Don't walk away from me. I'm talking to you. Listen to me." She was screaming now. I stepped towards her but Ethan beat me there.

"Ladies, ladies. There's enough of me to go around." He put his arm around both of them but Emma shoved his arm away.

"No, your MY boyfriend. You shouldn't be dancing with her or saying 'there's enough to go around' because there's not. I want you and all of you but if I have to share you, then I don't want to be in this relationship. We're done Ethan." Emma walked out of the house crying.

"Ashley." I walked up behind her and grabbed her shoulder. "What was that?" She was still dancing with Ethan. I looked at him now. "Your girlfriend just broke up with you and your dancing with her." I pointed to Ashley. "I'm leaving, you can find your own ride home." I walked to my car and drove off. They're both too drunk to realize anything.

What did you think about Ashley? Do you hate her? Do you think Ethan meant to do any of this? Do you think he's sorry for it?