Chapter 25: I Wasn't Expecting This

JONAH'S BIRTHDAY (PART ONE)

Felicia's POV

I woke up early the next morning. I pulled myself out of bed quietly because Jonah was still asleep. It was his birthday and I was going to surprise him with a breakfast. I slowly walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. I ran downstairs.

There, I met Andrew in the kitchen and we started making the breakfast. Andrew and I made plans to meet at this time, last night. It was completely Andrew's idea. He said they used to do this for each other all the time when they were younger. Andrew would make Jonah chocolate chip Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes for every birthday and Jonah would make Andrew blueberry Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. I laughed when he told me that becuase I realized how silly they were. They were, honestly just like little kids.

Andrew and I were putting the finishing touches on Jonah's breakfast. We added banana slices on the bottom to make it look like a scarf and we added and orange slice for a mouth.

Right as we were finishing, Jonah came down the stairs. I turned around and ran over to him. I hugged him as I sang, "Happy Birthday."

"Thank y- Ah." I totally forgot about his injuries.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I backed up and took my hands away from him. I wrapped one hand around the other arm and put my head down. He was in so much pain. I felt so bad.

"Hey." Jonah took my hands and slowly put them around the back of his neck. "I'm fine," he said as he wrapped his hands around my waist and hugged me.

I kissed his cheek and found my hand in his. I put my other hand over his eyes and guided him to the counter where he sat at a stool. Andrew stood at the other side of the counter and placed the food in front of him.

"Happy birhtday," we said in unison as I took my hand away from his eyes. Andrew and I started singing and Jonah smiled. It was so good to see him so happy.

When he saw the pancakes, his smile grew even bigger. He remembered them. Yay! I draped my arm across his shoulders and gave him a one armed hug.

He held my hand and looked at his brother. "This is amazing. Thank you so much." I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek. Andrew came around the counter. I let go of Jonah so Andrew could hug him. It was a releif to see them together and not fighting like they were the first day.

"Did you think I would forget about this?" Andrew asked.

"No, I'm just surprised. I wasn't expecting this," Jonah said.

"I'm going to go back upstairs to make sure Seth and Sandra know we're down here." I backed up and aproached the stairs, leaving the boys in the kitchen together.

As I was coming to the top of the stairs I saw Seth coming out of the bathroom. He yawned and looked at me, "Morning," he said. He patted me on the head and started to walk back to his room.

"Hey, wait." I grabbed his arm just as he was about to turn the door knob and pulled him back. "It's Jonah's birthday today," I stated.

"I know," Seth replied as though I was stating the obvious, which I was I guess.

"Did you tell Sandra?" I didn't want them to get downstairs and not be prepared.

"Yes, she already knows." Seth took my amrs and directed me towards my room. "Don't worry about a thing, okay? Get ready for the water park and then you can head downstairs with the rest of them. Make sure they know what we're doing today." I opened the door to my room as I nodded to Seth and stepped inside.

I got changed into my bathing suit and put a nice sweater on top with some jeanes. My bathing suit was a light blue with white polka-dots. I looked in the mirror at my sexy self and laughed at how much of a mess I was. I walked into the bathroom that was across the hall and took my hair out of it's messy ponytail. I brushed my wavy brown locks and pushed them over my shoulders. I set the brush on the side of the counter and started to brush my teeth. When I was finished I looked back in the mirror, one last time. I was now pleased with myself.