Chapter 39: Better and Better

Felicia's POV

"So I hope everyone is looking forward to finishing, To Kill A Mockingbird," Mr. Heidi said. The class was silent. "I want you all to write a half page response to what you think about the ending," Mr. Heidi droned on. The entire class moaned and groaned at the homework assignment. I opened the notebook on my desk. The one I had written Jonah's name all over. I had spent the whole class scribbling out his name. I quickly wrote down the assignment so I wouldn't forget and then closed the notebook so I could continue my scribbling.

Just as I had finished the last "Jonah," the bell rang. "Have a good day class," Mr. Heidi said. He smiled at me as I walked out of the classroom with my books in hand.

I was ready to go home and clear my head. I wanted to sleep and forget everything. I spent my Sunday afternoon hanging out with Emma and I told her about what happened. She seemed really depressed but when I asked her what was wrong she just brushed it away and said it was nothing. We watched old disney movies but all I could think about the whole day was how much I missed Jonah. I was so confused. I didn't know why he would have ever done this to me. Maybe he never even loved me. I never wanted to see him again.

When I got to my locker I threw everything in except for my book. I was going to need it if I was going to finish the reading. When I closed the locker I came face to face with the second person I didn't want to see ever again. Isabella. Images of the night before flashed through my mind and choked in my breath. I rolled my eyes then turned around to leave.

She grabbed my arm before I got any where though. "Felicia, please," she pleaded. "I just want to talk and explain what happened the other night."

I turned around and stared at her. "You don't have to explain anything. Me and Jonah broke up so he's all yours." It hurt so much saying that. I wanted him to be mine, but he obviously didn't want me.

"Please Felicia. There's more to the story." I leaned against the lockers and listened to her. "When Jonah told you he loved you he meant it. You walked away and it hurt him. I came to him because I still care about him. He was torn apart. He brought me to the park and you know he let's his stress out with baseball. He started throwing the ball and it just reminded me of when we were together. He kissed me. He kissed me first, but I kissed back and that was wrong. I didn't stop him." A tear rolled down my cheek.

"He kissed you?" I whispered.

Isabella nodded. "But I know it meant absolutely nothing to him. I could see it in his eyes. He just wanted to fill the empty spot that you left. He loves you and no one else." Another tear rolled down my cheek, followed by many more.

"Thank you for explaining," I wiped my tears away. "But he wouldn't have kissed you if he really loved me."

Another wave of tears was about to pour from my eyes. I tried to turn away, but a loud gasp caught my attention. I looked up from the ground and saw Ashley standing between Isabella and I. "What are you doing talking to her?"

Isabella looked at me simpathetically. "Ashley please, that's enough."

"What?" Ashley looked at the both of us. She saw that I had been crying. "Are you rubbing in the fact that her boyfriend loves you more than her? It really is a shame." She gave me a pouty face and I was ready to smack her when Isabella spoke up.

"Ashley stop," she said in a stern tone, almost yelling. "That's not what happened. It was a misunderstanding."

"Since when is having a full on make out session with someone a misunderstanding. Come on just admitt it. You're so much prettier than her. Just be with him, it's what you've always wanted." Ashley couldn't get any meaner, could she?

I shook my head. "I don't have to listen to this. Thanks for trying Isabella, but me and Jonah are do-done," I stammered. I walked to the doors of the school and walked out. The cold air hit me and I breathed it in.

I didn't know what to believe anymore. I mean maybe Isabella was telling the truth, but if she is, he kissed her first. That makes me even more mad at him. Maybe Ashley was telling the truth. What if Isabella did want us to break up this whole time? What if this was just some sort of plan she had?

I kicked some pebbles on the sidewalk into the road. I hadn't seen Jonah at school at all. Maybe he didn't want to see me. Or maybe it was because he didn't want to get caught with Isabella again. Could he not control himself around her or something? What if this wasn't the first time this had happened? Does he take every girl to that park?

I was pulled from my thoughts when I became soaked all at once. I looked at myself. Muddy water had been splashed all over me as a minivan drove by. I threw my hands down and screamed. This day was just getting better and better.

Hey everyone. So this was a really short chapter, I know. I have gotten to the last two chapters of this book. There is only one chapter left... I don't know how I feel about that. Anyway I will be posting that chapter on Saturday. Before I end this little note, I just wanted you all to know that I appreciate everything you have done for me through this story. I love you all so much and thank you for leaving the most amazing comments and thank you so much for voting for this story. There were times when I thought I wouldn't continue this story but I'm glad I did. This has been so incredible and I'm so sad it's almost over. So anyway thank you and I hope you're all as excited for the next/last chapter as I am. So... please please please, comment, vote, and all that good stuff:) I hope to hear from you guys:)