Chapter 34: Satisfaction

I didn't see Jonah the rest of that week. Even at school he was a no show. The school year was getting close to the end. I was so excited for summer. But that just meant spending more quality time with Seth and Sandra. I really needed some friends.

I met Spencer at his locker at the end of the day. We had plans to go downtown and get coffees. We still had that project to work on. We were presenting next week and there was still a lot that we had to do.

Once Spencer got all of his stuff out of his locker, we started walking towards the doors to exit the school when all of Spencer's books that were in his hands fell to the ground. I looked back at him and his eyes were wide with shock. Standing in front of him was the one and only, Ashley. She had smacked Spencer's books out of his hands.

I groaned in frustration. She was relentless. Even when I wasn't talking to Jonah she thought I was a threat. Am I that awesome? I did a mental hair flip. "Ashley." I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "Just because you hate me doesn't mean you can pick on Spencer."

Ashley laughed. "I'm not picking on him because I hate you. It's because I also hate him." She shot Spencer death glares that only the devil himself could conjure up.

I looked at Spencer who looked like a deer in headlights. Well he obviously wasn't going to say anything to her. "Ashley, why don't you just leave us alone. School is over. I promise you can torment us some more tomorrow." I hooked my arm around Spencers and walked past her.

"Wow, Felicia. You’re really dropping down the scale fast. I mean, first Jonah, then Emma, and now a loser like him?" She did this weird high pitched laugh. "That's just sad."

I rolled my eyes and turned on my heels. "Look." I started walking towards her and a crowd formed around us. "This is high school. You might think it's your own little kingdom, but to normal people, it's hell. No one wants to be here. No one here worships you. If you want to run this place, go ahead, but don't pick on the people who you think are below you, 'cause we're not."

"Please, everyone here loves me." And I love it how that's the only thing she picked out of that sentence, I thought sarcastically.

I wasn't going to stand here and be stepped on by this bitch. "If you love Ashley raise your hand." In the circle around us was probably 50 students. Not one of them raised their hands. "Who here likes Ashley?" Again, nothing. Satisfaction ran through my body.

"Who here likes Felicia?" said a voice from behind me. I turned around and Spencer was standing tall glaring at Ashley. It was nice, seeing him confident and standing up to her. I turned back around to see tons of hands raised high in the air. I was shocked. I didn't even know who these people were.

"I like her." A masculine voice raised above the crowd. Everyone fell silent and out stepped a tall guy wearing a leather jacket and baggy jeans. He had his car keys swinging from his index finger and the tiny waterpark key chain jingled against the rest. I smiled at him even though I shouldn't have. He was bad news, right?

He stepped out of the crowd and came towards me. "Felicia?" He slid his hand behind my ear and held my face in his hand. His thumb stroked my cheek and the sweet smell of his cologne swept through my body. "Felicia, please come with me." He grabbed my hand and started to walk the other way. I stopped. I yanked my hand out of his. I shook my head. "Please." His eyes were so pleading.

I shook my head. "I can't." I walked towards the doors to exit the school.

Before I could leave Spencer placed his hand on my shoulder. "You should go with him."

I took in a deep breath. " I can't. I just can't."

His strong voice broke through over all of the other voices in my head. "I love you Felicia."

-- Hey so quick chapter ;) Hope you guys like it and yeah. Sorry it's taken so long to update. I'm just super busy. I'm losing inspiration. I don't know what to write about next. I might be dropping this story. If you guys want me to keep writing please let me know and I'll try to think of new ideas, but I need motivation and inspiration. Sorry :/ Vote, comment... all that good stuff. Until next time:) --