Chapter 28: 1 and 2

Felicia's POV

I sat awkwardly in the car as Seth helped Sandra with her bags. I had gotten in the front seat once they went inside. We dropped off Jonah first, He had given me a kiss on the cheek before leaving and got his stuff on his own. I felt bad. This trip had been a disaster and it was all my fault. I wish I could have done something more for Jonah. Now Seth was mad at me. How was I going to fix that. He walked in on me in bed with my boyfriend. I mean we didn't do anything, but he didn't know that. I need to fix this.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the drivers seat door opened. Seth got in and sat there for a minute. He looked at me and then looked back at the steering wheel. He started the car and backed out of the drive way.

The ride was painfully quiet. When we pulled into our driveway, Seth took the key out of the ignition and that's when I decided to make my move. I would apologize now. "Seth, I'm sorry." He looked at me, expecting more. "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I knew you didn't want us sharing a bed. I'm sorry. it was just that one time though."

He looked up, relieved to hear that it was only once. "What made you want to sleep with him last night?"

This was the moment I would have to tell Seth about Jonah's parents. Great. How would he react? He wouldn't want me to be with Jonah anymore? Not that he was very fond of him right now. He would be mad that I didn't say anything sooner? He would try to do something? he would be worried whenever I went out now?

His stare was intense now. He could tell that I was thinking about what to say. I was taking too long to answer. I took a deep breath and spilled. "There's something you should know about Jonah's family. His dad, really." I paused. There was no going back after this. "He's abusive. He hurts Jonah and his mom."

Seth looked at me. He looked sad. Apologetic at that. I think he felt bad that he had been so hard on Jonah all the time. "Have they told anyone?"

Yes, before. He can't tell the cops though. That's not what Jonah's family wants. "Yes, they've tried to before but it didn't work out. Jonah's dad convinced the police that everything was fine. That was when Andrew was still living there. He moved away when he had the chance." Seth started to get ut of the car again and made his way to the front door.

I ran out of the car and after him. "Seth, no you can't." He walked to the house phone and picked it up. I slammed my hand on top of his and makign it him the counter top. "No. They don't want this to happen again. They're going to wait two more years until Jonah is out of high school. Jonah is goign to take care of his mom. They're going to leave his dad." 

Seth looked at me again and released the phone. "If they told now then they could get away from him."

I shook my head. "Jonah said it wasn't that easy."

"Wait, so why were you sleepign with him?" Way to change the subject.

"He called his mom last night and something was wrong. She said nothing happened but that's not what Jonah thought." I sat down at the kitchen table. "He said he could tell that she wasn't telling him something."

"And you let me drop him off there today?" I seriously didn't see why he was blaming this on me.

"Jonah didn't want me to tell you any of this stuff. He thought that you wouldn't want me to be with him if you knew."

"Well he was right about that." Seth sat across from me and held my hands. "When you went to Jonah's house for dinner that night, was his dad there?"

Uh, oh. "Uh, no. Jonah made sure he wasn't going to be there." Well I didn't completely lie. Jonah did make sure his dad wasn't going to be there, he was just wrong about it.