Chapter 3:Hermione's Nightmare

Draco's P.O.V

   It's been 3 hours, and that stupid Granger still hasn't woken up. Earlier, Pansy had used the Crucio Curse on her. She has been expelled and sent to Azkaban due to witnesses. Thank god, that girl was psycho and wouldn't leave me alone. They should've thrown her in Azkaban a long time ago. I took Hermione to the Hospital Wing and Madam Pomfrey gave her a Dreamless potion. I used Legillimency on her and saw she wanted me to stay. So I did. That's why I'm here now. I stroked her cheek, and I felt her soft warm skin. She started to stir and opened her eyes.

   "Hi Ferret." she smiled. She has the best smile I thought to myself.  I remember she used to have buck teeth but I hit her with a hex and her teeth grew. She went to Madam Pomfrey and got it fixed. Honestly, I feel bad about it, but I won't ever tell her.

   "Hi Granger. How are you feeling?" I asked. I've been hit with the Crucio Curse many times in my 5th year to know that you feel lousy afterwards. I didn't tell her that either.

   "I feel fine. A painful headache though. But, Madam Pomfrey whipped me up a potion for that." she grinned. She looked down at our hands and failed to hide a smile.

   "What's wrong Granger, getting too attached to my hand?" I teased. But, I didn't let go. I didn't want to, so I kept holding it. She glanced at me, and I leaned in to her face. I thought on whether this was a smart decision or not, but before i could make the decision Madam Pomfrey walked in.

"Hello Mr. Malfoy, how is Miss Granger feeling?" she stated. I walked up to her and whispered in her ear.

"She needs a healing potion because she has a cut on her forehead that's opening. Also, she could use something for that awful headache of hers." I replied. I walked out of the Hospital Wing and went to the Headboy and Headgirl room. I took a shower and decided to wait for Hermione to come back. I wasn't hungry so I skipped dinner and waited for her. Time flew and I decided she wasn't coming until later, so I sat on the bed and fell asleep with a grim expression on my face.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-Hermione's P.O.V

It was 12 o'clock when I got back. Draco was already sleeping on his side of the bed. He looked cold, so I pulled the blanket over him. His eyes fluttered open, and he smirked a little.

"God, trying to get a better look at me Granger?" he scoffed. I put my hands on my hips and stuck out my tongue. His eyes looked me up and down and he bit his lip. Oh what I would give to know what he was thinking right then.

"Granger, about the Hospital Wing today-" he started.

"No, stop it's okay. You were just concerned, nothing more." I smiled. It was definitely not "okay" and it was killing me. I was hoping it wasn't just him being considerate. I loved the way his hand fit in mine.

"That's the problem Granger. I wasn't being considerate. I didn't feel like I had to do that. I wanted to." he blushed. It was a nice scarlet color on his pale face. It made him more vibrant and alive. God knows he needed it after the hell he's been through. I crawled over to the bed and sat next to him. He got up and looked in my eyes.

"What are you thinking Granger?" he asked. I didn't feel like replying, it would break the moment. So, I just wrapped my arms around his waist and put my face in his chest. I whispered a simple 'shh'. He responded by wrapping his arms around my back tightly. He let go of me and took out his wand and flicked it at the lamp.

"Hey! I still have to change into my pajamas!" I pouted. I heard an angelic laugh come from him. I've never heard anything better. It sent chills down my spine and goosebumps rippled through my skin.