Chapter 5: The Library

Hermione's P.O.V

We were going to Hogsmeade this weekend and I had no clue who I'd go with since Ron wasn't here. I sighed because I knew I'd probably go with Ginny and her friends. It sucked to be the only person left from the Golden Trio. I had to hang out with younger people, and I didn't have any friends of my own. They were all Ginny's. The only "friend" I had was Neville. Then, Neville couldn't even be my "friend" because he was the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Draco would be considered a "friend", but we were supposed to hate each-others guts, so that wasn't an option.

I headed to Potions and took my seat. We were still learning about the Love Potion and it was annoying. Girls were talking about how they were going to give it to their "guy" or whatever. I thought of Ron when I glanced over and saw Ginny smelling her potion. No doubt about it, it smelled like Harry to her. Last year when I smelled my potion, it smelled like The Burrow, or more specifically the smell associated with Ron.

I glanced uneasily at my potion, and sniffed it. It smelled like Draco's forest. A wave of relief and panic spread through my body. I knew I wasn't in love with Ron anymore, but could I really be in love with DRACO out of all people?? I closed my eyes when a piece of paper hit my face. I grunted and opened the paper.

Beautiful,
Come with me to Hogsmeade this weekend? I'm sure your friends wouldn't mind if you went with me. Or you could say you're not going and sneak out after everyone. Did Potter give you the Invisibility Cloak? You could use that if he did.
See you tonight,
Your favorite Ferret

I had to withhold a enormous smile from erupting on my face. I stuffed the note in my pocket and remembered Harry gave me the cloak. I made a personal note to thank Harry when I saw him again for the cloak. I turned around and saw Draco. 'Yes' I mouthed and he grinned. I turned to my potion and started pouring it into a bottle when Ginny came up to me.

"So Hermione..." she started. I didn't even want to hear what she was going to say because I knew it was going to be about Ron. I bit my lip and she continued.

"Are you going to Hogsmeade with anyone? I won't tell Ron I promise." she finished. I finished pouring and put the lid on the potion. Then, I turned to face her.

"No Ginny, I don't believe I'm going with anyone to Hogsmeade. I'm not going, I have studies to catch up on." I replied. Her face lit up, and I felt guilty to be lying to her. She wanted Ron and I to be together badly and I felt bad about it. If I married Ron, that meant another girl in her family that she could talk to. Most of her family was made up of males, so she didn't get to talk about girl stuff.

"Sorry you don't want to go. That just means I won't have anything to hide from Ron!" she squeaked. Slughorn dismissed us and I picked up my books and my bag.

"I have to go to Defense Of the Dark Arts with Neville. I don't want to be late, but talk to you later." I said to Ginny before waving goodbye. I walked up a flight of stairs leading me to Neville's classroom when Draco came onto the same flight of stairs as I did. The stairs started moving and I looked at him puzzled. He seemed to get the memo and started to talk.

"I have Herbology right now, but Neville borrowed my book and I'm here to collect it." he said. I couldn't think of anything to say so I just nodded. We arrived to his door and he bowed and pointed his hand to the door.

"Ladies first." he said. I giggled and he opened the door, so I walked in.

"Hello Hermione!" Neville exclaimed. His expression changed as he realized he wasn't supposed to show favoritism.

"Oops! I mean, hello Miss Granger!" he blurted out. I waved and took a seat in the front, interested to see what Neville was going to do. Draco walked and and whispered something to Neville. I guessed it was about the Herbology book and Neville nodded and passed it back to him.