Chapter 19: Back Home

Draco's P.O.V

In Hogwarts: A History, it says you can't apparate in or out of Hogwarts. That was a lie. Dumbledore did it, and so could I. I don't specifically know why but I just can.

I apparated back to the Malfoy Manor and sighed when I looked around. There were so many bad memories here and I hates it here. I always wanted to buy my own house, I mean, I have enough money to do it. And now was the perfect time. I just don't think anyone would want to sell their house to a Death Eater.

   My father had been killed by Voldemort so now I was the only Malfoy left. I inherited all the money, and all of the possessions. But, none of it was important to me without Hermione.

   I closed my eyes and pictured her beautiful face, her body, and her laugh. I imagined her standing right next to me and her smell intoxicating me. I opened my eyes to see nobody there and tears welled up in my eyes. She isn't here I scowled at myself.

   I put all my stuff in my room and began to put it all away. Then, I walked downstairs and ate some breakfast.

   Surprisingly, I felt better after I ate. But then the tearing sensation hit me and I felt like throwing. What had she done to me? I fell on the ground choking and gasping on nothing but my feelings. They were suffocating me and I wasn't the heartless Draco anymore. I had a heart and it had been stabbed and was bleeding out.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hermione's P.O.V

I woke up the next day and realized... I missed an entire day of school. I threw myself out of bed and took a two minute shower. I threw on some clothes and brushed my hair out. I ran to Professor McGonagall's office and knocked rapidly before she opened the door.

"Why hello Miss Granger." she greeted me casually. I flashed her a smile then heaved. I was running so fast and I had to catch my breath.

"I'm so sorry Professor, I missed all of my classes yesterday." I bowed my head and whimpered. I heard her laugh. The hell?

"Miss Granger," she laughed, "Yesterday was a Sunday." I rolled this over in my head and started to laugh too. I had been so caught up in planning that I didn't even realize the day.

    "I suggest you visit Mister Weasley. He was worried when you didn't visit him yesterday." she said and wiped a tear from her eye. Wow I made her laugh that hard.

   "Yes I think I will go right now Professor. Thank you." I said before turning around. She placed her hand on my shoulder and asked me a peculiar question.

   "You aren't staying at Hogwarts for Spring Break are you?" she said and I dropped my jaw in surprise. How did she know?

   "Yes Professor. Did you need me to stay?" I asked politely. Although, I really didn't want to ruin the plan and stay at Hogwarts.

   "No thank you. Have a nice day." she said before turning around and walked back into her office. I walked over to the Hospital Wing and Ron beamed when he saw me.

   "Oh 'Mione! I thought something had happened to you? Are you alright? Why didn't you come yesterday? Is Draco going to kill me?" he said and something inside of me snapped. When he said Draco's name I felt like I'd been socked in my gut. I didn't feel like answering any of his questions but I guess I had to.

   "Um nothing happened to me, I was just extremely tired and I fell asleep. And Draco-" I chocked back a sob and tears welled in my eyes," He left Hogwarts yesterday." He looked at me bewildered and I swear I saw a flash of anger on his face.

   "Why would he leave?" he tried to ask me casually but I heard a hint of hatred in his voice and goosebumps rippled through my skin. Why was he angry?

   "I don't know. He just did." I said. Any hint of sadness disappeared from my voice. I was scared. Ron was unstable right now and I couldn't stay here any longer.

   "Ron, my first class comes up in a bit and I haven't eaten breakfast but I'll catch you later." I fake smiled and he fake smiled back. I wish things could be like they used to between us.

   I rushed to the Great Hall and took the seat next to Ginny. I put on another fake smile and prepared myself for the day. She asked how I was doing and everything and I only responded with "Fine." But really, there was a big gaping hole in my chest.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Draco's P.O.V

   I stared at myself in the mirror and I remembered a poem I ran across one day.

Some say a broken heart is like a shattered vase
Fragile pieces scattered all over the place.
The shattered pieces of broken glass seem to go everywhere
Unlike the pieces of a broken heart that seem to pierce your soul.
With faith and hope you try to mend the broken heart
Unlike the vase it cannot be so easily replaced.
It takes a while to mend it and then you lock it up
You hide the key and wait to see if someone can be found
A special person who will use the key to unlock the heart
A unique person who will handle the heart with gentle hands,
Who can be honest, truthful and handle it with care.
My heart and I wonder is there really that kind of person out there.

I reached out and punched the mirror and it broke. Glass pierced my hands but I couldn't feel anything anyways. Hermione was that special person who could unlock my heart. She was gone
gone
gone.

I laid on the floor crying, while being surrounded by glass. Everything felt broken and I needed someone to mend it for me. And Hermione was the only person who could mend me.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hey guys! My winter Break starts today so I will be writing more chapters soon enough! I've been dying to write all of this stuff and I finally get to write it. So, I got that poem online and I really liked it so ITS NOT MINE. I was going to write one but my poems are probably trash to you guys. Well, comments/votes/reads/shares are appreciated very much. Merry Christmas!🎄
Xoxo
Alayna <3