Chapter 17: Hermione's Weirdness

Draco's P.O.V

I was walking in the hallway when the Weasel bumped into me. I looked at him disgusted and began to open my mouth when he grabbed my shirt and pulled me closer to him.

   "Weasel I swear if your trying to fucking kiss me-" I said before he slapped me. I raised my fist and he grabbed it and slammed me into the wall behind us. I stared in shock and he turned red.

   "Draco just shut up and listen to me for one fucking second. Hermione, she's crying and she won't talk to anyone. She's in the yard and she was heading to Hagrid's. You need to go snap her back to reality." he said and I automatically snapped back into reality. The words Hermione, Crying, and Won't Talk triggered me.

I pet Weasel on the shoulder and attempted to smile at him, but it looked like I wanted to kill someone. I ran outside as fast as I could and I saw Hermione sitting in a fetal position on the ground squeezing her fists. She was sobbing and I ran over to her.

"Hermione." I repeated to her and shook her gently. She turned her head and I saw true pain in her eyes. She wrapped her arms around me and her sobs started to get loud.

   "Blaise... jumped... off the...Astronomy Tower!" she sobbed and I held her even tighter.

   "And it's all my fault!" she screamed and tried to release herself from my grip but my grip was firm.

   "Let go of me! I might cause you to kill yourself next!" she sobbed and hit my chest. I didn't feel it because it was a weak punch but I let her go for a second before gently shoving her on the ground. I put my hands above her head and looked her dead in the eyes.

   "Hermione Jean Granger if you do not stop right now, I will personally have to do something with you later on tonight. Now be a good girl and come back into my arms." I said with authority and backed off. She got up and smiled at me. Then, she booked it.

   "HERMIONE FREAKING GRANGER, GET BACK HERE!" I screamed while running after her. She was a tricky one; she took swerves around the castle and it took me a while before I caught her. She screamed and pounded on my chest but I could care less. I walked her back to our room before laying her on the bed.

   "Draco you're a huge dick you know that! I'm all sweaty now from you chasing me and I smell gross!" she groaned and I grinned.

   "Well people who are huge dicks just happen to have huge dicks. You can even vouch for that. And if I need to remind you..." I started before she walked into the bathroom.

   I walked over to the door and tried to open it but it was locked. I tried 'Alohomora' but that didn't work either. I banged on the door and I heard cackling and pops.

   "Hermione!" I screamed over and over. What was she doing? I wondered until the door finally opened. I barged into the room and it looked the normal. The room reeked of smoke.

   "Hermione... why does it smell like smoke in here?" I said before she pointed to the trash can.

   "I was just burning paper. I would've done it out in the bedroom but I didn't want to risk anything catching on fire." she smiled before undressing and hopping in the shower. I smiled while looking at her body and walked over to the shower doors.

   "Nope. Not today Draco. Goodbye." she said and I walked off to my bed. Why was she acting like this? Who burns paper in the bathroom?

   I knew that only one other person could give me answers on what happened. Professor McGonagall.

   I ran out the room and headed up the stairs to the headmasters room. When I got to the stairs, I knocked violently until she opened the door.

   "What brings you here Mr. Malfoy?" she asked casually and I sighed.

   "May I come in and ask you a few questions?" I asked politely and she nodded. Then she gestures to a seat and I sat down.

   "Professor, what happened today? Hermione is acting awfully strange and it's annoying the hell out of me." I said impatiently and she frowned a little.

   "Honestly Mr. Malfoy I don't know. The students were in the yard and Blaise was lying lifeless on the ground. I had to move him of course," she rushed that last part," And he had a note in his hand. I obviously read it before giving it to her and I don't quite understand it. Maybe you could clear up some of my confusion." she said before saying what the parchment letter had said.

How am I going to explain that Blaise tried to SHAG Hermione yesterday?  I cringed.

"Well Professor... Blaise had been making some Polyjuice Potion and he used it to look like me. When we were patrolling the hallways, Blaise had swooped in on Hermione and was going to um..." I stopped and she nodded.

   "So I caught him before they could do anything and I revealed him. She was pretty weary after that and she went to bed. So, I guess he jumped off the tower because he felt bad." I sighed. I had no more friends left except Hermione. There's no way I'd be friends with Potter, Weasel, or Weaslette.

   She dismissed me and I walked out of the room with my hands shoved in my pocket. What the hell Blaise, you didn't need to kill yourself! I screamed inside my head. If he was still alive I would've screamed it at him.

   I walked up to the door and I sighed. Hermione will probably act weird and I have to deal with this. I thought and I opened the door and saw red hair. Weasel.

   He had her in his arms and she was sobbing in his arms. Something snapped and I stomped over to the bed. I pulled my wand out of my pocket and pointed it at the Weasel.

   "Crucio!" I screamed at him. He fell off the bed and started to scream. I cast a silent 'muffilato' on him and turned to Hermione.

   "Care to explain why our room is infested with pests?" I hissed. She looked at me and something was different about her. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, and then it hit me. She had a hickey on her neck.

   "What the HELL IS ON YOUR NECK?!" I yelled at her and I felt myself trembling. What if the Weasel had won Hermione's heart? I thought.

   "Ron!" she ignored me and helped him up. There were tear stains on his cheeks and his tears kept rolling down. She pat his back and whispered something in his ear before turning to me.

   "Draco Lucius Malfoy, if you ever come near me again, I will kill you." she screamed at me before grabbing the Weasel's hand and leaving. Snap. There went my heart.

   I laid on the ground crying for god knows how long. I didn't even leave my room to go to my classes the next day.

   When I stopped crying I decided to do one thing. I had thought about jumping off the Astronomy Tower, but that would just be cowardly.

   Slytherins are usually cunning but cowardly and Hermione had changed that in me. I would do anything to make her happy. So, I decided I was going to leave Hogwarts.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hey guys!! Draco is leaving Hogwarts? (whattt) And Ron gave Hermione a hickey? So many things! Anyways, in 2 DAYS we got 81 READS! You guys are SO amazing! I just wanted to tell you guys this (Its about my personal life) on Saturday I had a Basketball Tournament (We won) and my crush asked me out! I obviously said yes and he makes fun of how much I love fan fiction. But, you guys are so amazing so he'll be wishing he never messed with us :) Ideas/Comments/Votes/Shares are very much appreciated. Thanks so much and keep being awesome!
Xoxo
Alayna <3