Help from an Old Friend

The next time I woke up, I was in a different room. And most importantly, I wasn't alone with Niall. I was sprawled across a tile floor; a girl hurriedly shaking me.

"Rosie, Rosie! Get up!" A familiar red haired girl hovered over me. She was dressed in an emerald green swing dress, red lipstick painting her lips.

                         I realized I was in a different dress, and the scrapes along my wrists, legs, and torso were all neatly bandaged.

"Maeve..." I gasped. My head was still pounding not only from the bump but from passing out.

Maeve pulled me up to a sitting position. I was definitely in a bathroom. There was a sink and a shower like the one we would've had if our house hadn't been built so long ago and- oh God my head kills!

                            "Hey girlie, I gotta get you out right now before he gets back!" Maeve whisper shouted in my ear.

                              "Wh-who?" A splitting pain racked through my head. "Agghhhh!"

                               "Shhhhh! Now come on- he'll be back from grocery shopping soon!" Maeve dragged me out of the bathroom and towards the bedroom window. "Your man Cal has been looking all over for you. I tracked him down once I found out Niall had officially lost his marbles and kidnapped you. He's under the window waiting for you." She paused and looked at me apologetically. "I'm so sorry Niall did this to you. He thinks he loves you but he's just  unstable. We'll have to put him in an institution soon. This kidnapping was his last hurrah, I suppose, and his moron friends helped him. Don't worry- we'll take care of him and the idiot Thugs."

                             Maeve heaved me over the side of the window where Cal had climbed the trellis up to. Before he could gather me in his arms, Maeve gave me a gentle hug and said, "I've missed you Rosie. Let's get together soon, okay? Once this is all taken care of?"

                               I smiled and nodded. Maeve was a true friend. Daring, determined Maeve had defied her brother to save me.

                               Callahan clutched me tight to his chest as he descended the trellis. Even after we'd landed he kept embracing me. The rest of the gang and my family ran toward us.

                               Cal hoarsely whispered, "I'm so sorry this happened. I'm so sorry. This will never happen again."

                                   I slowly looked up at him and met his eyes. "You're right. This will never happen again.

                                    Because I'm done."