The pet surprise

'You know what we should do?' I ask dan walking into the lounge, sitting next to him.
'What?' He asks back looking up at me from his laptop.
'We should get a pet!' I say clapping my hands together like it's the greatest idea ever. Dan rolls his eyes. This is literally the 1,000th time I have mentioned this to him AND Phil.
'(Y/N), you know we can't get a pet, the landlord doesn't allow animals in here. We've talked about this multiple times, love.' Dan says pulling me into him and wrapping his arms around me. I sigh.
'I know, I just want some kind of friend.' I say snuggling into him.
'You have me' he says kissing the top of my head. I look up at him.
'Well yeah, but when you're busy I don't just wanna sit and wait for you to be done. I wanna have another friend to play with.' I burrow my head into his neck and lightly kiss it. Dan brings my head up to his and kisses my lips. We kiss for a minute and then pull away.
'I'm sorry about the pet thing' he says kissing me again.
'It's ok.' I say getting up.
'Want anything from the kitchen?' I ask.
'No thank you' dan responds back.

~Dans POV~
Truth was, it's (Y/N)'s birthday next week, guess what I'm getting her..?😏

----TIME SKIP TO NEXT WEEK----
I made (Y/N) get out of the flat for a few so Phil and I could decorate and everything. I called all of her friends and they should be here any minute. Everything is ready to go. I got her something special that I hope she really likes. A puppy. She loves dogs and has a few back at home where her parents live, she misses them so much and has wanted one so I thought it would be great for her birthday. I explained to the landlord everything and it did take a couple days but he said yes! I'm so excited. Our friends are here so I text (Y/N) to tell her she can come back now. She said she will be there in a mini or two. When I hear the door open downstairs, I tell everyone to hide and get ready to surprise her. When she comes upstairs she puts her purse down and walks into the lounge where we all are.

~Your POV~
Dan kicked me out and told me to do something fun while him and Phil do something they have to do. He didn't say what so that kinda made me nervous but he said it was for work. He's never kicked me out like that so I don't know what's going on. I shrug it off and go to one of my favorite stores down the street. While I'm looking at some nick-nacks I get a text from dan. He said I could come back. I pay for the stuff I wanted to buy and head home. As I open the door it's quiet. That's unusual. There's at least a tv on or something. I walk up the stairs into the lounge ready to snuggle with dan. That's all I wanted to do for my birthday. I don't like big parties or anything. He is all I want and since I have him, I'm damn well gonna enjoy it. I walk in and 'surprise!' I jump and everyone comes over to me. All of my friends and some family. I'm in awe because I didn't know they were coming. Then I see him. Dans in the corner smiling like an idiot. I shake my head and walk over to him and give him a big hug.
'You didn't have to do this baby' I say kissing him. He hums into the kiss.
'I know, But I wanted to.' He says.
'Well thank you' I smile.
'Anything for you'

After I say hi to everyone and talk, I open my presents they bought/made for me and eat cake. Everyone was so sweet and considerate.
'Thank you guys for coming. It was so much fun' I say smiling. They all say there goodbyes and leave. Dan and Phil go to clean up.
It's pretty late now and I walk into dan and I's bedroom. I plop down next to dan and snuggle into him.
'Thank you so much for today. It was great.'
'You're welcome love, I'm glad you had fun. There is one more present though...' dan says getting up and going into his closet. He picks up a good sized box and hands it to me. I place it on the bed and open it. When I get it open, I see a little pug! I gasp and pick it up.
'Oh my goodness! Is it boy or a girl?' I ask dan almost crying at how cute they are.
'Girl. That way you can tell her all your girl problems' dan says laughing. I laugh with him.
'Thank you so much dan! I love her.' I say after we stop laughing.
'What are you gonna name her?' He asks petting her.
'I think I wanna name her Sophia or something. I'm not sure.'
(If that's your name im sorry. You can obviously change it to whatever. That was the first name that I thought of)
Dan nods.
'I like that name.' I smile up at him and he smiles back. I lay down and snuggle up to Sophia. Dan wraps his arms around me.
'Definitely one of the best birthdays ever.' I say kissing dan.