Piercing

I take a deep breathe as I stand in front of the apartment door i share with my boyfriend dan, and Phil. I told dan I was going out for a little bit. Little did he know the reason for that. I have been thinking of getting my lip pierced for a while now. Probably a year or two. Dan knew but just didn't know I was getting it now. So when I had some extra money lying around waiting to be spent I thought, hey, why not. So I grabbed the money, put on some presentable clothes and off I went. Did I think it was going to hurt? Of course. Did it hurt a lot more than I thought. Definitely. But it was worth it. So like I said, here I am I front of the door, I put my hand out to the knob and turn it. I open it and go to the bedroom I shared with dan. I open that door and see him sitting there on his laptop.
'Hey love, have a good time out?' He asks looking up. I nod my head and go sit by him. He turns his head to give me a kiss but stops halfway.
'What the hell is on your face?' He asks scrunching it up. I laugh.
'Ta-da!' I say with jazz hands.
'Oh wow. You got it! Without me? What the fuck' he says laughing taking a closer look.
I wanted to surprise you. I got it on video though. I say going on my phone so we can watch it. After we watch it he looks back at me and then has this confused and scared look on his face.
'What's wrong?' I say worried.
'How long until it heals?' He asks slowly. I look around.
'Umm, like 6 months...' I say confused.
'Does that mean I have to wait 6 months to kiss you...' he asks looking sad. I laugh.
'No dan! Of course not. I asked the guy and he said anytime as long as I keep it clean.' He looks relieved putting a hand over his heart.
'Oh thank god. We were gonna have a problem if I hate to wait that long' he says smiling. I laugh and kiss him.
'See? Everything ok'
'I like it a lot, but I'm going to have to get used to that' he says kissing me again.