Peach Baby Loves Meg

Wolves Without Teeth - Of Monsters And Men

After Sally gave Apollo and Meg winter fleece jackets, we got into the Prius. However, much to my dismay, Meg got shotgun. Let's just say I gave everyone an earful if anything happened and Meg ended up getting hurt. So, that led Apollo and I to be stuck in the back.

"Doesn't your Prius have flamethrowers?" Apollo randomly demanded.

"What?" I questioned.

"Lasers?" Apollo went on. "At least some Hephaestian bumper blades? What sort of cheap economy vehicle is this?"

"You have rides like that on Mount Olympus?" Percy asked as he glanced at the review mirror.

"We don't have traffic jams. That, I can promise you." Apollo replied.

"Well, I'm scared to know how it would end up looking like if y'all did have traffic jams." I said with wide eyes. Meg turned to look out the rear windshield.

"At least we're not being-"

"Nope!" I cut her off.

"Don't say it." Percy warned Meg. She huffed.

"You don't know what I was going to-"

"You were going to say 'At least we're not being followed'. That'll jinx us. Immediately we'll notice that we are being followed. Then we'll end up in a big battle that totals my family car and probably destroys the whole freeway. Then we'll have to run all the way to camp." Percy said.

"You can tell the future?" Meg's eyes widened.

"That's a new one." I chuckled as I looked at my brother. Percy smiled, switching lanes.

"Don't need to. Nevah and I have just done this a lot. Besides," Percy gave Apollo an accusing look, "nobody can tell the future anymore. The Oracle isn't working."

"What Oracle?" Meg asked. No one answered for a while.

"It's still not working?" Apollo asked in a small voice.

"Sadly, no." I answered.

"You didn't know? I mean, sure, you've been out for a couple of months, but this happened on your watch." Percy told Apollo.

"I just...I assumed-I hoped this would be taken care of by now."

"You mean by demigods going on a big quest to reclaim the Oracle of Delphi?" I perked an eyebrow.

"Exactly! I suppose Chiron just forgot. I'll remind him when we get to camp, and he can dispatch some of you talented fodder-I mean heroes-"

"Well, here's the thing." Percy started. "To go on a quest, we need a prophecy, right? Those are the rules. If  there's no Oracle, there are no prophecies, so we're stuck in a-"

"A Catch-88." Apollo sighed.

"A what? What's that?" I questioned.

"It's a Catch-22." Meg corrected. She threw a piece of lint at him.

"No. This is a Catch-88, which is four times as bad." Apollo sort of explained. The car went silent after that until Meg threw more lint at all three of us.

"Hey, you three."

"Watch it." I narrowed my eyes at her. Where is she getting all of this flint?

"Yes, sorry, Meg. You see, the Oracle of Delphi is an ancient-" Apollo cut off by Meg.

"I don't care about that. There are three shiny blobs now."

"What?" Percy asked.

"The blobbies are here?" I turned around to see three glittery humanoid spirit looking things weaving through the traffic. "You ended up jinxing us, Percy."