BBQ

One Call Away - Charlie Puth

"I don't know what to tell you." Claudia stuttered. Lydia and I went to the Stilinski's house. The Stilinski's were sitting on their couch while Lydia and I took a chair. "I haven't' seen that Jeep in almost eighteen years."

"It's your name." Lydia said.

"But it was stolen." Claudia rebutted.

"Then how did it end up at the high school?" Lydia asked.

"Beats the hell out of me." Sherriff Stilinski shrugged. "I mean, that thing was a junker back in the day."

"God only knows who'd want it now." Claudia added.

"Stiles does." I muttered to myself, crossing my arms. Tears were starting to spring in my eyes. "Maybe somebody dumped it there? Is there any way to trace the history of the Jeep after it was stolen?"

"No." Sheriff Stilinski shook his head.

"Maybe there's fingerprints in it." I hoped, my voice breaking.

"Nevah, is this about Stiles?" Sherriff Stilinski questioned. Lydia looked at me with a frown, noticing my watery eyes. I closed my eyes, trying to hold in my tears.

"Honey, don't you think you've taken this far enough?" Claudia handed me the paper that held the car information. I stared at her. "I don't really know what's going on with you lately, same with Lydia," she looked towards Lydia. Lydia gaped in response. "But maybe it's a good time to talk to both of your moms."

"My mom's dead." I faintly said, glaring at her. A tear streamed down my cheek.

"I-that wasn't what I meant. I'm sorry. I meant to say Sally." Claudia stammered.

"I-it's okay. You're right." I nodded with a shaky voice. I blinked to keep the tears at bay.

"You okay?" Sherriff Stilinski questioned, wringing his hands.

"Yeah, I-uh, can you give me a minute?" I pursed my lips together.

"Of course. Take your time." Claudia softly said. Lydia looked at me with concern as I stood up.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Lydia whispered to me. I shook my head, walking past her. Going into the hallway, I collapsed onto the ground. Pulling my knees closer to my body, I leaned against the wall where Lydia peeled the wallpaper. I covered my mouth with my hand to keep down the sobs. Tears strolled down my cheeks.

He has to be real. Stiles has to be.

"Why are we driving back to the school?" I numbly asked Lydia. Running a shaky hand through my hair, I looked out the window.

"Scott called. The guy with the tow truck came back for the Jeep." Lydia answered, turning into the parking lot.

"What?" I snapped my head towards her. "But we paid him off."

"Apparently he doesn't care." Lydia put the car into park. Looking ahead, I saw Scott arguing with Mr. Tow Truck. I scrambled out of the car, jogging towards them.

"We already paid you. I gave you all of my money for that drop fee." Scott told Mr. Tow Truck. He glanced at me, concern flashing over his face as he took in my state.

"Yeah, and I dropped it, all right? Now I'm picking it up again." Mr. Tow Truck guy replied back.

"Look, I am not in a good mood right now. Can't you just leave it?" I sighed.

"How much? I'll write you a check." Lydia stepped next to me.

"It's not about how much. They want it out of here, okay? It's not up to me." Scott stepped in front of him, glaring up at him. "Don't make me move you, kid, okay? I'm hookin' this thing up and I am towing it away."