Sundowning

Here comes the Sun - The Beatles

"Stile an arrangement of steps that allows people, but not animals, to climb over a fence." Scott read off of the computer. Lydia, Scott, and I were in the library researching the word Stiles. So far, no clues.

"Yeah, somehow I don't think these are the stiles we're looking for." Lydia said.

"Well, on the paper it said Stiles not stile so..." I trailed off.

"Maybe Malia's found something." Scott hoped. I shook my head, pursing my lips together.

"No. She's been taking a make-up test all morning." Lydia answered. Suddenly a familiar high pitched howl echoed throughout the entire school. The three of us looked at each other.

"Malia." I uttered.

"I guess the test isn't going well." Lydia grabbed her purse off of the chair as we all stood up. We jogged out of the library, following Scott as he sniffed her out. Going down the familiar hallway Lydia and I walked last night, I guessed where Malia currently was.

"Janitor's closet?" I asked Scott.

"Janitor's closet." He nodded. The alpha slowed down to a walk, holding a hand up at us. "Stay behind me. Let me check if it's safe."

"I can take care of myself." I rolled my eyes. Scott ignored me and slowly walked into the closet. Huffing, I walked after him. Lydia attempted to grab my arm, but I swatted it away. A low growl was heard.

"Malia. It's okay. You're safe." Scott softly spoke to a coyote version of Malia. She snarled again, baring her teeth. I quietly walked behind Scott, looking at Malia's blue eyes. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

"None of us are going to hurt you, Malia." I calmly told her. Malia let out another growl. She glared behind me. Turning around, I saw Lydia along with her mother and the Sherriff.

"I think she's calming down." Scott faced them. Malia let out a series of growls. I perked an eyebrow.

"Oh most definitely." I held back the urge to roll my eyes. "Maybe there's too much people?"

"Or maybe you should growl back?" Sherriff Stilinski offered. Malia snarled again. Ms. Martin jumped and let out a gasp. "Scott, you're the Alpha. Can't you, just make her a little more docile?"

"She's not the problem. We are. This is her territory." Lydia informed us.

"I-that's right. I forgot." I sent a small smile to Malia. "Oops?"

She let out another snarl.

"Maybe we need to get out of here." Lydia whispered. Scott turned to face Malia who was still snarling.

"Yeah," Scott muttered back. We all started to head behind the shelf. "Come on, come on."

"Malia came here to get through the full moons. Then we started using the lake house." Lydia explained.

"I thought you said a wild animal got in the lake house." Ms. Martin stared at her daughter.

"Well technically-" I started. Lydia and Scott shook their heads, knowing very well where I was heading. Frowning, I stopped talking.

"Just be happy about all the things I don't tell you." Lydia quickly muttered, keeping her gaze away from her mother. A soft growl caught our attention. We all checked on Malia. She slowly got out of her corner and started to transform into naked human Malia. Sherriff Stilinski and Scott averted their eyes away from Malia, giving her her privacy.

"Who has her clothes?" I asked. Ms. Martin sheepishly raised her hand.

"It's all right. I'm okay." Malia assured us. Lydia's mother walked forwards, extending the clothes out to Malia. She grabbed the clothing and started to change.