Static-y IM's And Late Night Talks

March To The Sea - Twenty One Pilots

Thank the gods that we didn't get in trouble with the police. The officer helped us get our car unstuck from between the two trees. He left us go with a goodbye and a lecture over driving while being sick. Percy and I took turns driving the Prius back home, since Percy kept sneezing as he drove. So, I took over as a precaution. We don't need to be in another accident.

Once we got back to the apartment, Percy went straight to bed. Of course, Sally stopped him and gave us medicine first. He left me to explain what happened to Sally. I didn't blame him though, the cold hit him harder than me.

"You're not leaving for Beacon Hills until you get over this cold." Sally told me after I explained everything. She walked into the living room.

"But Sally! I'm already feeling better." I protested, following after her. I sneezed, wrinkling my nose. Thanks a lot immune system, way to fail me now. I stared at Sally with an innocent look.

"Mmhh. You're staying." Sally sat down on the couch. She placed a hand over her bump. "Why don't you go take a nap? That might help."

"Fine." I pouted. "Only because I'm tired."

"So when are you coming to Beacon?" Stiles asked. I scrunched up my nose as I felt the familiar tickling feeling of a sneeze coming. His eyebrows furrowed. "Wait a minute. Are you sick?"

"Yeah." I grumbled, wrapping myself up in my blanket. Turning my face away, I sneezed. "Ugh. Hopefully, by the weekend I should be good enough to head over there. I have already started packing." 

"I hope so too. I don't want to kiss you and end up getting sick." Stiles playfully said.

"You're funny." I narrowed my eyes at him. Stiles' lips twitched into a grin.

"Thank you."

"Whatever." I mumbled, trying to hide my smile behind the blanket. My eyes were starting to feel heavy from exhaustion. Today has been a long day. "Oh! Did you fill out the form for picture day, yet? You told me to remind you."

"Yes I have. Hopefully, by the time you get over here, you could fill one out for yourself." Stiles told me.

"No, thank you." I shook my head drowsily. "I hate taking pictures. I always end up looking weird."

"I doubt that." Stiles scoffed. "Besides, what if I want one of your pictures?"

"You already have a picture of me... well us." I said, looking over to my nightstand to see the framed picture of the two of us that Lydia took. Stiles and I were cuddled into each other on his couch, staring into each others eyes with cheesy grins. We weren't paying attention to the movie that we were watching with the pack, too caught up with one another.

"Yeah, but what if I want one of just you?" Stiles spoke, a pout starting to form.

"Then take one for yourself. School pictures always end up looking weird anyways. It seems too fake." I coughed into the blanket.

"Fine then. I'll take one when you're not paying attention." Stiles slyly informed me.

"Well, now I'm going to be paying attention." I told him with a small grin. I laid on my bed, placing my chin in my hand. The Iris Message fizzed, like the static in a TV. I furrowed my eyebrows as it went back to normal. That's odd.

"No, you'll slip up. Watch." Stiles wagged a finger at me as he shook his head, fighting off a grin. Did he not notice the static-y problem? "Anyways, what shall we do when you arrive at Beacon Hills? How are you traveling over here?"