Sneezing Causes A Head To Fly

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

Three days later, and it was finally Saturday. Both Percy and I were free from the head cold that the nosoi gave us. All of my bags were packed to leave. The only problem is, the pack doesn't know. Not because I wanted to surprise them, but because the Iris Message isn't working. I have no clue as of why. 

"You ready? We're taking Mrs. O'Leary this time." Percy informed me.

"Yup. So I guess I'll leave my bags here and then come get them before I head over to Beacon Hills." I said, dropping my luggage near the front door of the apartment.

"Yeah, sounds good. Mom! We're leaving!" Percy yelled as he went to open the door.

"We'll be back!" I shouted.

"Stay safe!"

Mrs.O'Leary shadow traveled us to the top of Half-Blood Hill. To say we had a welcoming party would be a lie. Some buildings were turned to rubble. The campers were scattered everywhere. There was a giant bronze statue of Apollo that was causing havoc to the camp.

"What the-" I looked ahead with wide eyes. A chariot was flying around the statue, Apollo as one of the passengers. I saw Nico jump off.

"So much for having a fighting-free day." Percy sighed. "Let's go help. Mrs. O'Leary, get us on top of the statue."

Mrs. O'Leary tilted her and ran into the shadows. I tapped my charm, making sure to point it away from the hellhound and Percy. Mrs. O'Leary managed to get us on top of the statue, exiting a cloud of darkness.

"Hey, Bronze Butt!" Percy yelled. As soon as the hellhound landed on the statue's head, she let out a yelp. Poor Mrs. O'Leary peed from fright. The statue froze and looked up as the urine trickled down his sideburns. Percy lept off and slipped.

"Percy!" I shrieked, jumping off, carefully avoiding the pee, and grabbed his hand. He almost slid off the statue's eyebrow.

"What the-Mrs. O'Leary, jeez!" I helped Percy find a safe place to stand that didn't have any pee. Mrs. O'Leary looked at Percy with embarassment.

"Percy! Nevah!" Austin, one of Apollo's sons, flew the chariot into shouting distance.

"What in the Hades happened here!?" I proclaimed.

"All right," Percy frowned. "Who leashed the giant bronze guy? Apollo, did you do this?"

"I am offended! I am only indirectly responsible for this!" Apollo cried out.

"Is it because he wears your godly face?" I perked an eyebrow.

"Also," Apollo contined, ignoring me. "I have a plan to fix it."

"Oh, yeah?" Percy looked at the destroyed pavilion where we ate. "How's that going?"

"If you two could please just keep Colossus from stomping the camp's hearth, that would be helpful. I need a few more minutes to enchant this arrow."

"What arrow?" I retorted. Apollo held up an arrow before he held up another one. It was bent. "Please tell me you're talking about the good arrow and not the broken one."

"It's not broken." Apollo sheepishly answered. Great.

"Of course you do." Percy sighed. Mrs. O'Leary barked in alarm. I quickly faced her to see the Colossus raising his hand to swat her. I quickly grabbed a spike from the crown's sunray and sliced it off.

"You don't think Bronzer would mind being turned into a unicorn, do you?" I jabbed the spike into the statue's forehead. The Colossus staggered in suprise at his new horn. Percy smirked and sliced off another spike.