Punches And Kisses

Bite - Troye Sivan

"The line starts to the left! Orderly queue, guys!" Nico yelled as he carried a dispenser from the snack bar. There was a line of demigods waiting to give Leo a punch. Each one of them drew a number to see who's going to punch him first.

"Is this really necessary?" Leo asked.

"Yes." Miranda, the one to draw the first number, punched Leo's arm.

"Ow."

"You're a jerk, and we all hate you." Miranda hugged him and kissed his cheek. "If you ever disappear like that ever again, we'll line up to kill you."

"Okay, okay!"

Miranda left, the next demigod in line went to punch Leo. Apollo, Percy, and I sat at the picnic table with Leo and a girl, well known as Calypso. And Percy was the most uncomfortable one at the table.

When Leo and Calypso first landed, Percy and Calypso gave each other an awkward hug. Leo and I looked at each other in confusion. Why are those two so awkward? That's when I remembered that Percy had went to her island when he first went missing after the volcanic eruption that he had caused. Annabeth and I thought he had died, but in reality, Calypso was nursing him back to health.

Percy gave Leo a hug before he moved out of the way for me. I stomped up to him, ignoring the line.

"Wait, wait. Nevah-" I punched Leo. "Ow! Okay. Okay. I'm sorry for dying and coming back alive."

"You idiot!" I wrapped my arms around the Latino. Leo nervously chuckled and hugged me back. "I thought I lost another friend."

"Nah. You can't get rid of me that easily. Besides," Leo let go. "We're now Dead Buddies. Yeah know? We both died and came back to life."

"I can't believe it." Percy said. I stepped away from Leo and let the other demigods have their turn. "Months-"

"I told you. We tried sending more holographic scrolls. We tried Iris Messages, dream visions, phone calls. Nothing worked. Ow! Hey, Alice, how are you doing? Anyway, we ran into one crisis after another."

"Albania was particularly difficult." Calypso nodded.

"Please do not mentiom Albania!" Nico yelled from down the line. "Okay, who's next, folks? One line."

One of the newer demigods, Damien White, punched Leo and walked away with a grin. Did he even know Leo?

"Hey, no fair. That guy's getting back in the line." Leo rubbed the sore spot. "So, like I was saying, if Festus hadn't picked up on that homing beacon yesterday, we'd still be flying around, looking for a way out of the Sea of Monsters."

"Oh, I hate that place. There's this big Cyclops, Polyphemus-"

"I know, right?" Leo agreed with Percy. "What is up with that guy's breath?"

"Well, he does eat-"

"Guys, perhaps we should focus on the present?" Calypso said, cutting me off. I pouted.

"Yeah, so the communication issues..." Percy stated. "Rachel Dare thinks it's got something to do with this company, Triumvirate."

"Man, why does it not surprise me that modern corporations are run by zombie Roman emperors?" Leo said.

"They are not zombies." Apollo told him. "And I'm not sure they run all corporations-"

"But they're trying to take over the Oracles." Leo waved Apollo's statement away.