Insane

Battle Scars - Paradise Fears

"Y'all rang?" I called out towards the boys as I passed players on the sidelines. Scott sighed in relief and jogged over to me with Liam and Corey in tow.

"We've got a problem." Scott said.

"I thought we were working on that problem?" I perked an eyebrow.

"Well, our problem has a problem." Liam stressed.

"You know how we got everyone into the bunker?" Corey asked. I nodded, crossing my arms. "Some escaped and are about to play on the field."

"We need to protect them." Scott added. "And we need you help."

"Okay." I nodded. "What do you need me to do?"

"Stay on the sidelines. Be as close as you can to the players, okay? IF we need help on the field you won't be that far away from the fight." Scott instructed. I nodded. "I'll take Steinbach and Wallace." Scott looked at Corey and nodded towards the female lacrosse player tying her shoe on the bench. "You take Gwen." He looked at Liam next. "You're on Okafur."

"What if I see Ghost Riders?"

"Yell." Liam replied.

"Then get ready to fight." Scott nodded. The referee blew his whistle.

"Be careful out there guys." I warned.

"We'll be fine. We've got a demigod on our side." Scott smiled and nudged me.

"I'm being serious."

"So am I. You got a sword and we got claws," Scott drifted his gaze towards Corey. "Expect for Corey. But he can see the Ghost Riders, so we're good."

"Do I have to remind you that these guys have guns?" I spastically waved my arms. "Swords, claws, blades. Whatever. I'm okay with those. But Scott, these are guns with bullets. We can all easily be hit."

"We'll be fine." Scott placed a hand on my shoulder. "We've got this."

"We can do this. We're bad asses." Liam nudged my shoulder, a small smile playing in his lips. I closed my eyes and huffed.

"You guys are idiots. You're lucky I'm here to save all of your asses." I opened my eyes to see the two werewolves grinning like fools with Corey softly smiling.

"McCall! Dunbar! Whoever you are! Get your asses on the field!" Coach Finstock yelled. The three of them ran onto the field and into their positions. I stood in my spot, crossing my arms as the game started. Coach stared at me, narrowing his eyes. "Why aren't you sitting in the bleachers Vis?"

"I got a pretty good view right here Coach. You're yelling and the sounds of boys crying in pain is music to my ears." I sarcastically said.

"That's the type of attitude these girls need! You tell your weird friends that, Vis." Coach grinned before facing the game. I blinked in confusion.

"Nev!" Turning around, I saw Mason sitting in the first row of the bleachers with Sydney and Lori above him. He waved me over. I smiled and sat next to him.

"Hey Nevah." Lori smiled and waved at me.

"Hey Lori! Long time no see. How are ya?" I smiled back.

"I'm doing good." She replied back.

"That's great."

"Sorry, to interrupt, but I need to talk to Nev." Mason cut in.

"It's okay." Lori nodded before going into a conversation with Sydney.