(7) Falling Down From The Cliff

Bella's POV:

I blinked my eyes and opened them to see long trees everywhere. It was clear I was in the woods at night. My whole body felt stiff like I had worked out for eight hours nonstop. I tried to move but I couldn't do anything because my arms were tied on my back. I noticed a rope around my ankles and groaned in pain but it only made me gag because of cloth in my mouth. They must have stuffed it to keep me from making any noises.

I just hope I don't have a dirty sock in my mouth.

I squirmed on the ground and saw dark brown hair peeking out behind the tree. Gabriel was tied on the same tree with me and it didn't make me jump in joy, note the sarcasm.

I struggled to untie the ropes around my wrist only to tire myself.

I cursed myself for coming to this summer camp and not leaving with my mother. I cursed myself for not hearing my father and doing something for myself for the first time in my life. I cursed the day I met Gabriel.

I suddenly caught an empty bottle of beer lying on the ground in dirt. I wiggled and got in a lying position to get my leg near the bottle. I pressed my foot on the bottle and pulled it closer. Then I hit the bottle mustering all the power in me breaking it into two pieces. I winced in pain when I felt a piece of glass pierced in my ankle.

I drew the broken bottle closer to me then tried to reach it. The rope that was wrapped around my belly loosened due to the struggle. I moved towards and rubbed the ropes on it. After a few minutes, the ropes around my wrists fell on the ground.

I pulled out a cloth from my mouth and spit on the ground thanking the god that it wasn't a sock. I untied the ropes around my leg and walked to Gabriel.

He looked at me in complete shock. I picked the broken beer bottle and cut ropes freeing his hands. He pulled out the cloth from his mouth gagging while I cut the ropes around his ankle.

"How did you do that?" He asked in shock.

"That's not important. Let's go before they come back," I said getting up from the kneeling position and yelp in pain.

He looked at my leg and pulled the jeans up from my ankle. He cursed under his breath and pulled the glass out of wound making it bleed.

"F*ck. It's bleeding," he said in a panic.

"Leave it. Let's go," I barked.

He got up looking around the woods trying to think where we should go.

"Let's go to the right,"

"Let's go to the left,"

We looked at each other with a glare.

"Why don't you decide?"

We said in the unison and then sighed in defeat.

"We don't have time to muse where to go so let's just move," I said running to the right wincing in pain here and there.

He was behind me as we ran towards the right without knowing where we were going.

After walking for hours, I gave up and leaned on one of the trees breathing hard. I was thirsty, hungry, and in pain.

"I can't walk any further," I mumbled.

Gabriel kneeled down beside me and gazed at me in concern.

"I'm so sorry for this," he mumbled.

I closed my eyes trying not to look into his eyes. His eyes always capture me in a spell and I fail to find the right words to say to him.

He caressed my cheek with his knuckles and I felt tingles forcing me to moan in serenity.