(21) Please Let Me Take Care Of You

Bella's POV:

I woke up with the throbbing pain in my jaw and swollen lips. Wincing, I stopped my self from yawning and opened my puffy eyes. I could feel the streaks of dry tears on my face.

I sat up and discovered Nate sleeping on the chair in the corner of the room. My anger flared up when I recalled how he punched me last night.

I got up and marched to him to break his jaw but stopped when my eyes landed on his face. He looked so innocent while sleeping. His mouth was slightly open and he was snoring softly.

A small part of my heart melted, recalling that he didn't want to hit me but that stupid bastard forced him. But I was angry that he punched me instead of punching Tristan.

My full bladder gave me the hint that I needed to empty it if I didn't want to pee on the floor. I went to the washroom and did my business. I stared at my bruised jaw and split lips in sorrow. Picking up the soap, I washed my face wincing in pain.

I came out of the washroom and found Nate pacing in the room. He looked anxious and terrified.

He turned and gasped in shock. He started at the work that he had done last night. My right cheek and jaw looked purple and blue.

He took several steps closer to me and I backed away from him. Hurt flashed over his face but he concealed it.

"I'm so sorry, Bella. I didn't want to hit you. Damn it! I wish I hadn't done this."

He grabbed his hair and pulled them in exasperation.

"When Tristan threaten to hit you I got scared me. If he had punched you then you wouldn't be breathing right now. I tried to make the punch weak to protect you from a massive injury, but I did a bad job," he said.

I stared at him silently. He grabbed both of my hands and stared at me with shame in his eyes.

"Please forgive me. I'll do whatever you say. You can hit me, slap me, or punch me on the face to take out your anger but forgive me," he pleaded to me.

My heart softened, hearing him beg for forgiveness.

"You shouldn't have punched me. If Tristan wanted to hurt me then you should have stopped him, not help him by punching me."

I placed my hands on both sides of my waists.

"Tristan was a ring fighter just like me. His punch was named "death", he's that good, Bella. Last night, he was angry and I didn't want to die," Nate explained.

I knew that A**hole Tristan forced Nate otherwise he wouldn't have done that.

"I'll forgive you if you tell me where is Gabriel," I said.

"Our men left him outside his house last night, he is in the hospital at the moment, getting treated," Nate said.

I sighed in relief and contentment. Gabriel looked wounded badly when I saw him last night—like someone had tortured him for hours.

Suddenly, the realization dawned at me that I was alone now.

"He is not here anymore. I'm alone," I mumbled softly under my breath.