(26) I Might Kiss You

Bella's POV:

I woke up feeling sick to my stomach. On top of that, I had a severe headache and my stomach was grumbling. I ran towards the washroom and puked my guts out.

My whole body began to shake. I sat down on the bathroom floor, breathing heavily. I didn't understand what was happening to me. Then I felt like someone threw the cold water on me and I remembered drinking beer with that bastard.

"If he had told me I am going to feel like death in the morning I wouldn't have drunk that beer," I muttered.

After gaining some senses back, I got and cleaned up. The warm shower helped my headache. I came out of the bathroom and noticed glass on my nightstand with the note.

I picked the note and read it aloud. "Drink this when you wake up, it will help with a hangover."

I removed the lid from the glass and drank it in one big gulp to avoid throwing up again.

Instantly, it calmed down my body. I sighed and got changed.

I peeked my head out of the room and went down. I heard the music playing in the kitchen and made my way towards it.

Then I saw him working in the kitchen making breakfast. I knew it was Tristan and not Nate so I decided to leave when he turned to me.

"Good morning," he mumbled, looking nervous.

I frowned, thinking about why he would be nervous in my presence.

"Good morning," I replied in monotone.

Tristan stared at me making me uncomfortable.

"Where's Nate?" I asked him.

"He didn't come home last night," he replied turning back to the stove.

I nodded and turned to leave when he grabbed my arm.

"The breakfast is going to be done soon. No one is at home except you and me. You can eat here if you or you can take the breakfast to your room," he said.

My heart began to beat faster hearing his deep voice first time without venom. He spoke softly to me like I would get scared if he spoke any louder.

I nodded my head and he removed his hand from arm then went back to cooking.

I sat down on the stool, watching him prepare breakfast like a professional chef.

He was wearing a white V-Neck cotton shirt which was clinging to his muscled body perfect with the grey trousers. He was tall, a few inches taller than Gabriel. His brown hair looked wet like he had showered a few seconds ago.

"Did you drink the tea that I left in your room?" He asked me.

I was shocked by his question. I thought Nate made it for me.

"Y...yes. What was it?" I asked him.

"It was just a ginger tea with some lime and honey, it cures the hangover," he told me serving the egg and toasts to me.

He waited for me to take my plate to my room but I stayed in the stool. He sat down across me with his breakfast.

He kept peeking at me like he waiting for me to explode. His actions were clumsy and he looked scared.

I didn't understand what I had done.

"Did I try to murder you last night or something? You look scared," I snapped.

He muttered something then took a sip of water.

"You're insane, why would I feel scared of you?" he asked, looking at his breakfast to avoid the eye contact.