(8) What Are You?

Bella's POV:

I landed on the very solid ground and stopped breathing for a moment. The light was fading away from my eyes while I was trying to concentrate on the bright moon above me. It was appearing and disappearing with a flicker.

A loud groan coming from my left distracted me from my concentration therapy. I looked at the man rolling on the ground a little far from me.

Nothing was making sense; I couldn't comprehend where I was and why.

I tried to move but my whole body ached in pain. An agony filled sound left my lip making that man sit up and crawled to me.

I couldn't see his face but his warm hands cupped my face.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a faraway voice. He was so close to me yet it felt like he was miles away.

I felt really tired, my eyes stopped focusing on the things, and my brain came to halt.

The man was talking to me and asking me something but I couldn't speak. Finally, I closed my eyes and fell in sleep.

Someone was slapping me really hard on the face and shaking me strong. I groaned in pain and tried to stop the brute who was torturing me.

"Thank god, you are alive. I thought something happened to you..."

Warm and solid arms circled around me pulling me towards the chiseled chest. Unintentional, a sigh left from my mouth as I snuggled closer to the person to receive more warmth.

"Say something," he said cupping my face and making me look into his eyes. I stared at him trying to remember who he was.

"What's your name?" he asked concerned.

"What's my name?" I asked myself.

I couldn't remember anything. I was scratching my brain but it was empty.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I heard him mumbled under his breath.

"My name is shit?" I asked in bewilderment.

"No. No, can you remember your name? Try to recall it," he said sounding desperate.

I heard the female voice in my head telling me to be safe. She called me Bella.

"My name is Bella," I whispered.

"Good. Do you know who I am?" he asked.

I still couldn't see his face, it was really dark.

"The way you are freaking out, you are probably my husband," I said placing my head on his chest.

A laugh rumbled out making his chest vibrate as he hugged me.

"You're seeing our future, I guess," he mumbled.

"I'm sleepy..." I whined.

He picked me in his arms and my body protested in pain. A few seconds later, he laid me down on the ground and I felt some kind of comforting support under my head.

"What is under my head?" I asked inaudibly.

"Your head is on my lap, nothing to worry about,"

Then I felt him massaging my head making my body hum in approval.

"Do you know what Bella means in Italian?"

"No," I said insouciantly.

"It means beautiful," he whispered into my ear making me shudder.

"Am I?" I asked him.

"What?" He asked confused.

His voice sounded muddled.