(11) I Would Prefer To Die

Bella's POV:

I heard the loud screams and opened my eyes to see Gabriel struggling in the hold of four men.

"She's sick, she needs medical attention. You can keep me here but let her go," he yelled.

Two men among them were the one who kidnapped us and the other two were who brought us food.

I tried to get up from the floor but my whole body shook with the effort.

"After what you have done with our faces, you can dream about leaving this place," One of the men yelled shackling him.

I focused on the faces of all the men; they had a huge bruise on their faces. My eyes went to Gabriel's knuckles, they were battered.

After they were done shackling Gabriel's hand with the chains, they glared at him with repugnance.

One of the men punched Gabriel, he didn't even flinch, and it angered them.

"You can hit me all you want but let her go. She has nothing to do with what I saw," he said in a sturdy voice.

I felt a little proud to see him speak to them without a trace of apprehension on his face.

"Keep dreaming about escaping from here. We are just waiting for our boss. As soon as he would give us a go, your bitch and you will be dead," the man spat.

My body froze in fear at his words, but I didn't dare to make any noise. I didn't want those lecherous men to look at me with their hungry gazes.

They left the basement locking the door. I scrambled towards Gabriel and he looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

"You're up. How are you feeling?" he asked sounding concerned.

"I'm fine. Please, don't fight with them and get hurt," I said touching his swollen knuckles.

"You have fainted twice, you look pale, and you have a fever. Something is wrong with you," he said.

I blinked my eyes to get rid of the darkness that was trying to consume me. I knew he was right, something was really wrong with me.

"Bella, are you listening to me?" He cried.

"Sorry, I zoned out," I said shaking my head a little. A pain shot through my head making me wince.

"If I manage to convince them to let you leave then promise me you will leave," he said.

I placed my head on his lap, I felt too tired to stay in a sitting position. My action surprised me and him too.

"We are together in this Gabriel. I am not going to leave without you," I said.

His shaky fingers ran through my hair untangling the knots.

"Why are you so stubborn?" he asked.

"I'm not stubborn. I feel scared to go back to my life without you. You have made me trust yourself," I mumbled.

"My adoptive father is a well-known businessman, he has lots of connection. He must be doing his best to find me," Gabriel said.

"Lucky you," I mumbled.

"If we get out of this alive...will you go back to your house?"

My ears perked up at his question. I opened my eyes to give him a quizzical look.

"Obviously," I said.

He gulped looking anxious and his actions increased my bafflement.

"I...I want you to come with me," he said.