(16) Her Lips Felt like Pure Heaven

Gabriel's POV:

I was sitting on the cold hard ground while my head was leaning back on the wall. Every part of my body was sore and aching. They had been coming to beat me since they took my Bella from me.

I felt so helpless when I think that I couldn't protect her. They had refused to tell me if she was alive or not. I stopped responding to their questions. I'd only asked them about Bella. My silence had only infuriated them which resulted in them beating me senseless and leaving me on the ground passed out.

My padre had trained me for fifteen years of my life. He taught me how to fight back and protect myself. If I was alone I would've snapped everyone's neck in a few seconds. But I didn't want to scare Bella, I didn't want her to look at me with scared eyes like I was one of them. The physical pain wasn't actually that bad but heartache was worse.

When she was with me I wanted to leave this place but now I want to burn down this place and kill every single man.

The terror in their eyes feeds the beast of rage inside me. I was waiting for them to make a mistake thinking that I am weak then I will make a move to end their lives.

I heard the footsteps outside the room and smiled evilly. I had broken the nose of two men their boss sends down for answers. Now, he had probably sent more to get them knocked out.

I was lost in my own thoughts when the door opened and someone entered. The small bulb in the room switched on brightening the place with light.

My eyes started to squirm at the sudden brightness. I blinked my eyes to get rid of the blurry vision and opened my eyes.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Bella standing before me in the black trousers and red shirt which looked loose on her.

Her eyes stared at me, taking my injuries in. Then her beautiful eyes got filled with tears, she bit her trembling bottom lip to prevent herself from crying.

She walked to me and kneeled down. She cupped my face in her soft warm palms.

"What have they done with your face, Gabriel?" She asked gently.

"Is it that bad?" I asked her, kissing her palm.

A few tears rolled down from her face, she didn't wipe them off so I did.

She got up and ran towards the door, she talked to someone in a hushed voice. I frowned when she waited at the door for a few minutes anxiously glancing at me. Someone handed her a first aid kit, a towel and a bottle of alcohol.

She closed the door and came back to me. She sat down on the ground and cleaned my face with a wet towel. Then she opened the kit and pulled out a cotton ball, she soaked it into alcohol and looked at my face contemplating where to start.

"It's useless to clean these wounds," I said.

"No, it's not. Let me clean them, Gabriel," she said dabbing the alcohol on my wounds.

She cleaned all the wounds then applied some cream on it.

I grasped her wrists and said, "Just stop and tell me they didn't hurt you?"