(31) He Betrayed Him

Bella's POV:

I wasn't allowed to move from the bed for three weeks because my stitches need to be healed. The nurses helped me get cleaned up and I managed to brush my teeth with my functioning right arm.

Gabriel entered and walked to me.

"The nurse told me you're done so I decided to check on you," he said with the goofy smile.

I knew he was faking a general concern for me so I wouldn't feel suffocated under his care. He didn't want me to think that he was expecting something from me, and that was the only reason why he was being concerned for my state.

I didn't know what made him think that waking up from this incident would change my feelings for him.

I opened my mouth to tell him that I still love him and will always do when Nick entered the room.

"I hope I didn't disturb you guys," he said smirking at Gabriel who just rolled his eyes.

I managed to keep my cheeks from heating up.

"The police want to talk to you regarding the incident. They want your statement," Nick said.

Gabriel rubbed his forehead, looking upset.

I gulped, feeling uneasy.

"What am I supposed to tell them? They know I was kidnapped with Gabriel," I told him.

Nick pursed his lips. "Yes, they know you both were kidnapped but they want to everything that happened in these months. What you saw and what they did? Everything," Nick told me.

My body began to tremble and I fisted the sheets. Gabriel noticed the change and looked at his brother.

"She's not prepared to give the statement yet. She has just woken up and you want her to recall all horrible things that happened in past weeks," Gabriel said to his brother.

"I'm a doctor and it's my responsibility to inform them when the patient wakes up. I'm sorry but she has to give the statement. Also, I can call the lawyer so things go smoothly," Nick said.

"It's okay, Nick. I understand. I'll give the statement," I told him.

He walked to me and placed his hand over mine then gave it a squeeze.

"I'll inform them about your state and make sure they don't give you much stress. Your statement is essential to keep your kidnappers in the prison," Nick told me.

I nodded my head and he left the room.

Gabriel sat on the chair with his head in his hands. I placed my hand on his arm and he looked at me with a gentle smile.

"I wish I could do something," he mumbled, sadly.

"You've already done a lot for me, Gabriel."

"Not more than you have done for me."
We stared at each other until the door opened and the nurse entered.

"I'm here with your lunch," she said with the smile, placing a tray on my lap.

"Do you need my help?" She asked.

"I think I'll do fine," I told her.

Gabriel looked confused but didn't say anything until the nurse left.

"How are you going to eat without help?" He asked me confused. "You can't move your left hand."

I rolled my eyes at his question.

"You're here for what? To stare at me all day?" I asked him.

He removed the lid from the soup container with the grin on his handsome face and said, "Not a bad idea actually."