(25) I Will Always Love You

Tristan's POV:

She gazed into my eyes in puzzlement.

"But you still hurt me," she said.

I let go of her arm and ran my hands into my hair.

"I regret it every day. I hope you forgive me," I told her while looking down at the floor in guilt.

I was ashamed for saying cruel things to her and forcing Nate to punch. Now, discovering about her dad has made me furious about my actions. I hadn't only hurt her physically but also mentally by bringing up the memories of her abusive childhood.

I felt a small hand on my shoulder and turned to find her smiling. I was blown away at how beautiful she looked with the wide grin on her face.

"I forgive you only for forcing Nate to punch me," she said.

I didn't know how but her words removed a heavy feeling from my heart.

She picked the bottle then took a mouthful gulp. I was impressed with the way she kept drinking despite making the disgusting faces after every sip.

I grasped her hand and kissed it.

"I promise I will not hurt you again," I told her, staring into her brown doe eyes.

She moved closer and touched my face.

I had never felt the goosebumps in my life when any female touched me. Her touch was like a fire, burning my skin with desire.

"Bella?" I called her name to stop her from caressing my cheek.

"Have you ever fallen in love?" She asked, gazing into my eyes.

My tongue felt heavy, I forgot how to speak.

I didn't know how to tell her that I might be falling in love with her. I had forgotten how to think straight when she was around. I had been worried sick all day and couldn't concentrate on anything except her face. I had been unable to fûçk any woman for months because she was always in my mind.

I never had a girlfriend. I had never fallen in love with any woman in my life. I always had prostitutes in my life, they know very well how to satisfy the needs of men and when their work is done, they leave my bed to warm another. After having sex with those women, I always felt this vague feeling in my heart—like I needed something more.

With Bella, I felt like I have found that. I didn't even want to have her physically but being near her give me the satisfaction which even sex couldn't give me.

I didn't know if it was the right time or choice to confess my feelings for her but the voice in my head was telling me to follow my heart because I might never get this chance again.

Her face looked flushed and her eyes were twinkling. I was drunk and she was too. I knew if I confessed something tonight she wouldn't probably remember in the morning.

"You haven't answered me yet," She said with a cute pout on her lips.

"Promise me, you will not tell a soul about what I am going to share with you," I said feeling my heart race inside my chest.

"Your secret is going to be safe with me if you give me another bottle of that goodness," she whispered, eyeing the beer bottle.

"I am not sure if you can handle more drink," I told her.

She began pouting. "I can handle it. I'm a tough girl."

She showed me her muscles and I laughed.

"Hey, stop laughing," she said punching my chest.

I grabbed the last bottle and opened it. I took a sip and smirked.