Epilogue (2)

Bella's POV:

I watched my daughter rubbing her eyes with her small hands, fighting sleep to stay awake with her mommy and daddy.

"Bella, baby, it's time for bed," I said, picking her up in my arms from the couch.

She nodded her little head and snuggled to me.

"I didn't say goodnight to dad," she said.

I made my way to Gabriel's study and entered with Bella.

"Daddy, I'm going to bed," Madeline said.

Gabriel smiled at our daughter and got up from his chair. He kissed our daughter on the forehead and she giggled.

"Goodnight, my love," he said.

"Goodnight, daddy," she told him.

I placed her down on the floor.

"Go to your room, mommy is coming in a minute," I told her.

Gabriel placed his hand on my hip and nuzzled his nose in my neck.

"I'll be making some popcorns and waiting for you in the lounge so we can finally have a movie date night," he whispered.

I loved movie date nights. Gabriel and I had been doing it for years and we loved it.

"Okay, I'll be out as soon as she falls asleep," I whispered.

Gabriel winked at me, pulling away and I left his study.

I helped my daughter getting dressed in her night attire and then read her favourite book until she fell asleep.

I kissed her head and covered her with her favourite blanket. She looked so adorable with the pout on her face, sleeping soundlessly. I loved my daughter and her father to death.

Leaving the night lamp on, I left her room and made my way towards the living room when I heard Gabriel yelling. As I walked closer, I saw him on the phone.

"Who are you yelling at?" I asked him confused.

"It's Nate. He's up to something and I can tell it's stupid," Gabriel told me, handing me his phone.

I took the phone from him in panic.

"Nate?" I said, feeling my heart banging. He stayed silent and I looked at Gabriel in fear.

"I know you're listening to me. Please tell me you are fine," I said to him.

"I'm fine, Bella," he said with his voice cracking at the end.

I sighed but I knew something was wrong.

"How's Delia and Emma?" I asked him.

"They're great and happy," he replied.

I heard the sound of a gunshot.

"Where are you?" I screamed.

"I'm somewhere out," he answered.