(18) I Finally Figured Out Who You Are

Tristan's POV:

I was furious at the incident that happened with Bella last night. I knew Nate and I wouldn't always be in the house to protect her. And I didn't want her to go through something like that again in my house so I called some of my most trusted people to guard her in the house.

They would be going to join us in this house tomorrow.

I heard the knock at my door and opened it with the controller.

"Where were you?" I asked him as he entered my study.

"I was with Bella," he replied.

"Right. Babysitting her is your only job, isn't it?" I mocked him.

"She was upset after last night and I was consoling her. She's only seventeen, living among the strangers," he said.

"She is going to be eighteen soon," I said cursing myself for slipping that information out.

"How do you know that?" He asked confused.

"I read her file to find if she was related to Emerson's in any way,"  I said. "Did you get any more information about Gabriel?"

Nate nodded his head and pulled out his phone.

"Gabriel Russell is twenty years old. He is a student at a prestigious college in Italy. He's the son of famous business tycoon Andre Russell. His passport shows that it was his first time in Colombia. He went to stay with Emerson for a day because they were his parents' friends. Then he joined the summer camp and our men kidnapped them. That is all. There's no information that he is related to Emerson's," he said.

"He looks like a spitting image of Gabe Emerson. You can't deny that possibility Nate."

"I'm not denying it but there is no evidence to prove that our observation is correct," Nate argued.

"I can't forget the face that man who killed my father. Gabriel is hiding something or you are missing something out. He is related to them someway," I said.

"I don't think so, Tristan. I think both of them are innocent and we should let them go," Nate said staring at me with the hopeful look on his face.

"I can't set them free, not yet. There are still so many questions that are unanswered. I have this gut feeling that Gabriel is the same kid I have been looking for all these years," I told him.

"We have tried everything from beating him to starving him but he has been repeating the same things. He doesn't know anything, Tristan," Nate said.

"I know torture is not affecting him anymore. There must be something to break him. I want to know his weakness and he will start talking like a siren," I said.

Nate gave me a disappointment look and shook his head. But it wasn't his fight and he had no idea why I was so adamant to know if Gabriel was related to Emerson's or not.

"I wouldn't be home tonight, I need to go to the club," he said.

"You can go," I said dismissing him.

"But I am worried about leaving Bella alone. Can I take her with me?" He asked.

"Are you insane?" I snapped standing up from the chair. "Police must be searching her and if they find out she is hanging with you then that information can lead them easily here."