(30) You're The Stupidest Girl

Gabriel's POV:

I was beyond frightened watching her struggling to breathe.

Doctors were yelling command at each other, discussing what to do.

I was in a trance, noticing her breath getting ragged. Her body was jerking uncontrollably, she gripped my hand and then released it.

The beeping noise went flat.

"Code blue!" Nina yelled opening her gown. "She has stopped breathing!"

"Gabriel, you need to leave," Nick told me, pushing me back.

I took several steps away from her bed as nurses rushed in with machines.

Nina began to perform CPR. The doctor was guiding them while keeping on a monitor.

I didn't know how long Nina pressed on her chest, but Bella didn't start breathing.

"We are losing her!" Nina yelled.

"Switch to the defibrillator!" The doctor instructed.

Nick grabbed the paddles and pressed on her chest and side.

"All clear?" The doctor asked.

"Clear!" They answered.

"And shock, get back to the chest."

Nina began the compression again.

"In forty seconds we're going to deliver another shock." The doctor instructed.

They keep performing the CPR.

Finally, Nina announced, "I feel a pulse."

The doctor checked Bella and said, "Excellent. She is back with us,"

The monitor started displaying the rhythm of her heart.

Nina and Nick sighed then looked at me. I didn't know I was holding my breath.

"She is okay," Nick told me.

I slumped down on the couch with tears falling down from my eyes. I was cursing myself for her state, knowing she didn't deserve any of this. If she hadn't stepped in front of me she wouldn't be in so much pain right now.

Nina and Nick discussed the stability of her condition with the doctor while I just stared at her in misery.

Nick and the doctor left the room. Nina looked at me and made her way to me. She sat down beside me and placed her hand on my knee.

"She was hearing everything. She heard what her dad said to her and she literally stopped breathing. It's painful when the person who is supposed to love you and care for you wishes death upon you, "Nina said sniffing.

"How can she hear him? You told me she was given anesthesia," I asked confusion laced in my voice.

"Her senses are still active," Nina informed me.

"Will she listen to me?" I asked her.

"She will listen to you. Talk to her and tell her how much you want her to come back to you. I would tell Nick to bring your clothes from home, you can shower in his cubicle," Nina suggested. "Don't leave her side, not tonight at least."

"Thank you so much, Nina. I'm glad we are going to become family," I told her with a grateful smile.

She looked at me shocked.

"Did...did Nick said something to you?" She asked.

"Fûçk. I wasn't supposed to tell you this," I sighed grabbing my hair.