(28) You Can't Leave Me Alone

Bella's POV:

I was holding Gabriel's hand tightly. I was scared and confused.

"What is wrong with you? We can't just walk to you without getting shot!" Gabriel yelled.

I didn't understand who he was talking to and why.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked me him feeling nervous.

Gabriel looked at me his face softened. "With the crazy officer," he told me ripping the earpiece from his ear. "Look we need to walk towards the main gate."

I looked at the rooftop where Tristan's men were standing their weapons ready to shot everyone dead if someone even attempted to step into their property.

"They are going to kill us," I warned Gabriel.

"No, they are not. If they will do it then the things wouldn't be in their favor," he told me, attempting to calm me down.

I glanced at the window where Nate was standing with Tristan. They were both staring at me. Nate put his gun in his pocket, showing me that he had surrendered and didn't want to harm me.

"Put your guns down and surrender yourself to the police!" Someone yelled over a loudspeaker.

I watched Nate whispering something into Tristan's ear then he indicated all the men to put their guns down.

Suddenly I heard a gunshot from behind me and turned to see the man that stopped us from climbing the wall standing with a gun. His eyes were full of rage while he was pointing the gun at Gabriel.

"You killed my brother!" He yelled then pressed the tiger.

I didn't have much time to think and did what I thought was best in that situation. I stepped in front of Gabriel and the bullet lodged somewhere into my belly. I stopped breathing for a moment and touched my belly. Then I screamed in pain, staring at the blood.

Gabriel's eyes connected with mine, shock and agony were clear in them. My gaze began to get blurry because of tears that were threatening to spill.

Another shot was fired and I fell down on the ground with Gabriel who was holding me in his arms.

I felt pain shot through my arm and realized that my arm was bleeding too.

"Bella!" Gabriel yelled my name to catch my attention while tears were rolling down his eyes and falling on my lips.

I gasped at the pain. Nate came into my view and kneeled down looking at me with tearful eyes.

With my blurry eyes, I watched Tristan retrieving his gun from his pocket and shooting his man.

The man fell on the ground in front of me with a bullet lodged in the center of his forehead, his dead eyes were full of shock.

"Bella, look at me! Please don't die. I beg you. I beg you, Bella." Nate pleaded to me.

"Where is the fûçking ambulance?" Gabriel yelled.

I saw how Gabriel didn't push Nate away. I knew Nate had done something to help Gabriel. Everything that Nate told me a few days ago about how I will be back home safe made sense.

"T...thank you," I mouthed, holding Nate's hand.

The cops came running to us and arrested Nate then he was dragged away from me.

Tristan threw the gun on the side allowing them to cuff him while his eyes never left mine.

Gabriel was holding me, tightly. He was yelling at me something that didn't make sense.