(9) First Kiss

Bella's POV:

Gabriel stared at me with his mouth dropped open and his hand slowly fell down to his side. The tingles that I was feeling disappeared and I was left with the hollow pain in my heart.

"How could he do this to his own daughter?"

His voice was clearly giving out how shock he was at the revelation.

"It happened years ago. I was a disobedient kid. Let's just forget about it," I whispered fidgeting with my fingers.

"Please, tell me you are still not living with your father," His voice held panic as he begged me. He shook his head in disappointment when I didn't answer him.

"Why are you living with the man who hurt you? How you can be so stupid?" he asked grabbing my shoulder robustly. I looked at him in surprise.

"Why are you pretending to be so worried for me? As soon as we will get out of this forest we will be on our ways and you will forget about everything so don't you dare to act like you care about me!" I yelled getting up from the ground.

I turned to leave and get changed into my clothes when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back harshly.

"I damn well care about you and that's why I am worried," he snapped trapping me in his arms. "Do you think it is going to be easy for me to forget about you? I don't think so. Since I met you on that bus, you have occupied the attention of my every f**king body part."

His admission of his feelings didn't anger me, they left me speechless. I stared into his blazing hazel eyes where I could clearly see fury even though his forehead had the lines of worry.

Before I could ponder on my thoughts about my actions I brushed my lips on his inciting a gasp from his mouth. His body tensed at my actions and it brought me back to reality.

I pulled away from him and ran towards the tree where my clothes were. I sat down there with my heart hammering inside my chest. I didn't want to give him hope that I could be anything more than a girl he met on a summer camp, yet I made a mistake. I threw on my clothes and came out from behind the tree.

He was dressed in his clothes staring at the ground intensely. He felt my presences behind him and turned.

"Are you going to tell me now?"

"You're very persistent,"

He sighed and rubbed his head.

"How about you tell me about your life and I share something about mine?" he offered with a hopeful face.

"Okay, let's sit down. It's a long story," I said.

We both sat down on the ground looking at the stream.

"I can't leave my mother and my siblings with my father. This is why I am still living under his roof. After my graduation which is soon, I plan to move out and get a job," I said.

I was glad that he didn't judge my decision and called me a fool after hearing my reason.

"How old were you when that happened?"

I wasn't expecting that question from him.

"Five, six, seven, and eight..."

His fists clenched again and his veins started to pop out.

"I haven't met your father but I already hate that man," he muttered.

"The feelings are mutual," I snorted.

"So, do you have any sibling?" I asked.

He hesitantly replied. "I...have three brothers."

"Wow, sounds fun. Your mom must have her hands full with four of you."