Chapter 5

Natsu POV:

I walk to Lucy's apartment to get some rest, I was on watch yesterday and I'm beat. Things in the guild have been changing since Lucy went into SAO, people have been coming to us with potions and healing spells to ensure Lucy stay's healthy while in game. Walking to Lucy's apartment I don't use the window like I normally do, I use the door only to be treated by the landlady.

"Do you have the rent?" She asks me.

"I'll get it by tomorrow, you know the situation about Lucy right?" I ask.

"No what's happened to Lucy?" She asks with slight worry in her voice.

"She's trapped in a game, if anyone removes the Nerve Gear which powers the game she'll die. And she'll also die in real life if she dies in the game, sorry I thought you knew." I say sighing.

"I assumed you were living with Lucy, thats why I asked for rent. The price goes up if there is more than one person in the apartment, Lucy actually paid three months in advance. The rent will be 200J  a month until she's out." The landlady says softly.

I stare at her, she actually cared for Lucy. After all this time she cared for her, I nod and then walk to the door of Lucy's apartment. I walk in and close the door quickly to keep her scent in the room, the sweet smell of strawberries she always had with her. I walk over to the bed and lie down holding a pillow close to me, Happy has been staying with Wendy and Carla since I moved in here so its just me for the night. Suddenly the room is engulfed in a golden light and Loke appears with a face full of worry.

"Natsu? Where's Lucy, me and the other spirits haven't felt her magic energy in a while but she's still contracted to us." He asks me.

"Lucy's trapped." I say my back to him.

"WHAT! She's trapped?! Where is she Natsu! I'll go and bring her back and your coming with me, how can you just sit there when she could be being tortured right now!" He yells at me and my fists makes contact with his face.

"Don't you think I've tried! She's trapped in a game where anyone who plays it could be killed if they die in the game! And anyone who tries to take the gear off her head will kill her too!" I yell as tears fall down my face.

Loke looks at me and just sits on the floor, not bothering to get up.

"Can I see her?" He asks me.

I look at him and take him to the guild hall, Laki and Nab are on watch today so they are sitting down taking notes on what Lucy is up to.

"What are they doing?" Loke asks.

"Wendy found a dream lacrima that has let us see what Lucy is doing in SAO, thats the game she's in. Master has given us all a time table so that we can keep a watch on her at all times." I say leading him to the Infirmary.

Porlyusica stay's with Lucy 24/7 making sure that she's stable, she only gets rest when another healer takes over and that means she gets about ten hours sleep in a week. I don't know how she gets by, Loke walks over to Lucy and picks up her limp hand in his.

"She's cold..." He says tears filling his eyes.

"Its because she's not moving, and some other things too." I say sighing.

"When will she wake up?" He asks Porlyusica.

"I don't know, from what we can gather they have to complete all one hundred floors of the game in order to escape. What floor are they on now Natsu?" She asks me.

"I think it was floor 27." I say leaning against the wall.

There is a disturbance downstairs so I go down to see what's going on, people are cheering and yelling happily.