Chapter 11

Natsu POV:

Its been two long years since Lucy went into that death game, I try to visit when I'm not on jobs but I never stop taking jobs so I don't see her often. We can't even see into what she's doing anymore, because the guild gave it to the hospital so that other people can see what their loved ones are doing in game. Everyone tries to think of ways to bring her out of the game safely but its getting harder and harder since the game has been on for two years now, and Lucy's been getting weaker too. I look at the clock that rests on the wall of the guild hall and notice its 4PM, I pick up my bag and toss it onto my back then I wave to Mirajane.

"How much for the drinks Mira?" I ask pulling out my small bag of money.

"50J Natsu, you going to visit Lucy today?" She asks me picking up my glasses.

"I don't know, I don't think she'd notice if I was there or not." I say passing her the money.

"But Natsu, we've noticed. You were always there for Lucy and now you don't even talk about her, just because she's in the game doesn't mean that you can't sit with her and be there for her. Please Natsu, just for ten minutes. I'll come with you if you'd like." She says smiling at me slightly.

"If you want Mira, don't know how long I'll be there for though." I say as Happy walks over to me.

"Can I come too Natsu?" My blue feline friend asks looking up at me.

"Sure, come on then." I say patting my shoulder.

Mirajane comes over to me and we walk out of the guild and then to the hospital,  its about a ten minute walk from the guild so were there in no time. Mirajane walks to the main desk and asks for three passes and the pin for Lucy's room, all the members here have a special pin thats changed every day so that they can be kept safe. Its good to know that Lucy is kept safe while she's not here.

"Ready to go Natsu?" Mirajane asks walking to the stairs.

I nod and then follow her, we walk up three flights of stairs and then down a long corridor. We then come to a door right at the end with a name written on it. Lucy Heartfilia. Mirajane presses some numbers on the door's key pad and then opens the door, walking in she places a small bag onto the floor and takes a seat next to the bed.

"Hey there Lucy, someone else is here to see you today." Mirajane says and motions me with her hand to come closer.

I walk over and get a good look of Lucy, her skin is white as snow and her hair is dull and lifeless. Her body is so frail it looks like it'll snap in two if she ever wakes up, is this my Luce?

"Whats happened to her?" I ask taking another seat next to Lucy's bed.

"Time Natsu, all the patients are like it now. They say that the sooner they get out of the game the sooner they can begin rehabilitation, its going to be a long road to recovery since they've been in the game for so long. I try to brush what hair I can when I visit since I know she loved her hair, always tying it in either pigtails or her signature side pony tail." Mira says her voice breaking slightly as she pulls out a hairbrush. "I always find it helps to talk to her when I'm here, it feels like old times then." 

I nod and then take Lucy's cold small hand in mine.

"Hey Lucy, sorry I haven't been in a while. I think I was just too scared to see you, and now looking at how sick you look. I realise I should have been here more often, I've just been missing you so much." I say bringing her hand to my lips I plant a soft kiss. "It hasn't been the same since you took this Job, lets just say I hope that man pays you more because you've been in there for so long."