Chapter 16

Natsu POV:

As Wendy was preparing the Lacrima I leaned against the wall, I was eager to go and see some other patients. I wanted to find some of Lucy's comrades, I wanted them to have the charms that we bought.

"Say, do you have any kids here?" I ask the doctor. "Ones who are stuck in the game I mean?" 

"We have a few, many of them signed in with their parents. Unfortunately a lot of the parents have since passed, we even have a few orphans now." The doctor says sighing. "Why do you ask?"

"Because Lucy has become a mother to an orphan girl in the game, I was wondering if she was here. I know when Lucy wakes up the first thing she'll ask for is her daughter." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"Very well, if you'll excuse me Miss Marvell I'll take..." He asks then I remember I never told him my name.

"Oh my name is Natsu, and this is Happy." I say pointing to him.

"I'll take you to the children's ward then, I'll speak to the nurse and she can take you to the children who are in the game." Doctor Tanaka says leading me out of the room. "While you are on the children's ward you might see some family members with the patients, please tell them you are trying everything to find a way to get the kids out. I know you won't know them, but it helps to put a smile on their faces to know that others are trying to help." He explains.

"Ok, and maybe Happy can go see the kids who are awake?" I suggest scratching Happy's head.

"Yeah! I could offer them some fish or tell jokes!" He yells cheerfully. "Like What do you call a fish with a tie? soFISHticated!"

The doctor looks at Happy slightly shocked and then confused, I don't think he understood his joke. Doctor Tanaka leads me into a brightly coloured ward filled with pictures, I admire them as he leads me to a nurses desk. After speaking with one of the nurses he smiles at me and then walks back to be with Wendy, the nurse smiles at me and leads me to a ward. The ward is filled with silent patients, all with the nerve gear on their heads. They all look so small in the beds, even Happy can't even crack a joke to the family members who are sitting next to some of the patients.

"Happy, have a look around the rooms and see if you can find someone called Kiko. I know Lucy would want to know she's safe here."  I say as he fly's out of the room.

I look at some of the patients and their families, I wonder what they did when they weren't in the game. How old were they when they went in? Why did their parents not go in with them? So many questions fill my mind, but the main one. Is where is Lucy's daughter?

Lucy POV:

I add some final touches to Kiko's hair and then admire my handy work, her blue hair has been curled and we made some flower crowns which rest on her blue locks. She's dressed in a white gown with blue belt (Which was approved by Asuna) and on her feet are blue shoes with little heels which she feels makes her look very grown up.

"You look beautiful sweetie." I say planting a kiss on her forehead.

"You look really pretty to mommy!" She tells me picking up the folds of my skirt.

"Thank you sweetie." I reply smiling.

"She's right Lucy, you do look really nice. But you can't look too nice and upstage Asuna." Loke says straightening the tie on his shirt.

"Don't worry, I made her dress and it's nothing like mine." I say and then smile at the pair of them, we've become a little family the three of us. And Loke has become Kiko's favourite uncle (although she won't tell Kirito) "Everyone ready to head to floor one?" I ask.