Chapter 6

Lucy POV:
Running as quickly as I can to reach Kirito my heart is pounding my my chest, something bad must have happened to him for him to message me so abruptly. I keep running until I come to a dungeon, pulling out my sword I walk carefully making sure nothing jumps out at me. That's when I hear him.
"Kirito?" I ask walking to him.
"I'm here Lucy...." He says sniffing.
I walk to him and sit down next to him, sighing I wait for him to tell me what happened.
"I killed them all...." He whispered.
"Tell me what happened...." I ask placing a hand on his.
He flinches away and stands up, looking down on me with hurt and anger in his eyes.
"I KILLED THEM ALL!" He yells angrily at me. "Everyone in the moonlit black cats, only me and the leader who is buying us a house right now."
"Kirito...." I say placing a hand over my mouth.
He then sits back down and explains everything to me, they were trapped in a room that exploded with monsters. For some reason they couldn't use their teleportation crystals in the room and the members were slaughtered, all apart from Kirito. He was the only one who survived because he has amazing battle skills and he's a high level player, he decided not to tell them because he felt that they wouldn't want someone like him in their guild.
"It wasn't your fault Kirito, they chose to go into the trap even when you told them not to." I say sighing.
I stand up and offer him a hand, he looks at me and then takes it.
"Come with me, come to Fairy Tail and I'll get some food inside you. Then you can spend the night and we'll talk more in the morning." I say and pull him along.
We walk to the guild and all the members are still drinking and having fun, some tables are broken and clearly someone has been fighting. I smirk and then hear thundering footsteps coming towards me, letting Kirito go I kneel down only to have Kiko run into my arms.
"Welcome back mommy!" She says smiling at me.
"Master!" The members yell happily to me.
"It's good to be back everyone! Agil how were they?" I ask him.
"Not too bad, those members over there broke some tables so I've made them give some money to get them replaced." Agil says sending the money to my inventory.
"Thanks, me and Kirito will be in my office if you need me. Come on Kiko you can come too." I say picking her small body up in my arms.
All the time Kirito has been silent, he watched wide eyed when he saw the number of guild members. Walking to my office I place my sword on the table and let Kiko play on the floor, sitting down in a chair behind the desk I sigh at Kirito.
"What can I get you to eat?" I ask him smiling softly.
He just sits there silently, we sit like that for a couple of minutes until he stands up sighing.
"I just want to be alone right now Lucy, the guild looks amazing but I need to tell the leader of the Moonlit Black Cats about everyone. I also don't think we should be friends anymore, I don't want you to get hurt too." He says and walks out of my office.
I run after him as he walks out of the guild hall, placing a hand in my chest I raise my right hand and point my pointer finger up and stick my thumb out. Taking a deep breath I begin to speak.
"Kirito!" I yell and the guild falls silent, Kirito turns to look at me.
"What Lucy...."
"Even if I can't see you, there may be hundreds of miles between us. No matter how far away you may be, I will always be watching you. I Promise." I finish and Kirito looks at me with tears in his eyes.
He nods at me and then walks out of the guild, all the members look at me and raise a glass to me.
"My friends, you must prepare yourselves. The next boss raid we will show em what Fairy Tail can do! We will prove to the other guilds out there that we are the strongest, and why? Because we are a family!" I yell and everyone cheers.
Agil walks over to me and smiles, he tells me that he needs to head back to his shop so I wave goodbye to him as he walks out. The members begin to file out until it's only me, Kiko and another girl in the guild. I walk down from the second floor and smile at her, she stands behind the bar and cleans some glasses and dishes.
"Hello what's your name?" I ask her sitting down on a bar stool.
"Oh hello master, my name is Penelope." She says smiling at me.
Penelope has soft black hair and bright green eyes, she is wearing a short green dress with armor plating on her chest and upper arms. She is also wearing black ankle boots and thigh high socks.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Penelope, would you like to join us in the front lines when the next call comes in?" I ask her smiling.
"Oh no thank you master, I'm happy to stay behind and hold down the fort here. I could also take care of Kiko for you if you want." She says giving me a soft smile.
I smile at her and once she's finished up she walks out of the guild hall waving to me as she goes, I walk to the office and see Kiko fast asleep on one of the chairs. So I decide that we'll stay in the infirmary tonight until I can buy us an extra room here, picking her up in my arms I use her hand to open her menu and change her into a white nightgown. Placing her down on the bed I pull the sheets up to her chin and tuck her into bed, next I change into my blue nightgown with spaghetti straps and gold frills on the bottom hem. Combing my hair I write a letter to mama and the guild before lying down in another bed and falling asleep.
Natsu POV:
I wake up in Lucy's apartment and the first thing I notice is the snow falling in large clumps from the sky. Checking the calendar I notice it's December 24th. Christmas Eve. Stretching I notice Happy fast asleep next to me, must have snuck in during the night. I get up and shower then change into my usual black jacket with gold trim and white trousers, putting my scarf back on I gently shake Happy.
"Hey little buddy, ready to head to the guild hall?" I ask as he opens his eyes,
"Sorry for coming here Natsu..." He says wiping the sleep form his eyes.
I pat his head and then pass him some fish, he smiles at me happily and them sits on my shoulder as we walk through the blizzard that has taken over Magnolia. Walking into the guild hall everyone has a happy face on, in the face of everything we're still getting ready for Christmas tomorrow. Master is placing lights around the tree and Erza is instructing everyone on where to put their ornaments, each year every member makes an ornament based off their magic. I pick up my flame ornament and place it onto the tree, Happy picks up his eaten fish ornament and places it near Carla's pink bow ornament.
"Anyone else?" Grey asks.
"Just one more..." Wendy says and pulls out a golden key ornament.
Everyone looks at it and then glances at the screen, Lucy she's walking wearing a thick dark blue cloak and thick black boots. She's following someone wearing all black, he glances back and she hides behind a tree.
"Come out Lucy, I know it's you." The black hooded person says.
Lucy walks out and untucks her hair from the hood.
"I couldn't let you do this alone Kirito, I know why your doing this. And I want to help you." She says walking over to him.
"Ok then Lucy...." He says and they walk together silently.
They bump into a guy with red hair who mentions that they will be going after a rare item, some soldiers hen turn up and demand they they retrieve the item and hand it over to them.
"Go Kirito, Lucy!" The red haired man yells at them as they run off into the snow.
They run for about a couple of minutes and then come to a HUGE tree, it looks like it's bigger than the one in the guild hall and the one here is huge. They wait and the bell sounds signalling it's Christmas Day, suddenly a huge roar sounds and the two of them look up and see a huge Santa type monster glaring at them. Lucy and Kirito nod at each other and then begin attacking, swinging their swords until the Santa is down to his last health bar. Lucy stands there panting but continues to swing her sword, her health gets very close to the red zone and she falls to the ground.
"LUCY!" Kirito yells sending the final blow to the monster.
He runs over to Lucy and places her head on his lap, he pulls out a crystal and cracks it over her. Her health then races back up to the green and Kirito holds her hand.
"I thought I told you not to die on me Lucy, you were so close to getting killed....if I lost you too...." He says and tears fall his his cheeks.
Lucy sits up and places a hand on Kirito's cheeks.
"I'm not going anywhere, you can't get rid of me that easily." She says smiling.
"I'm going to stay solo but can I visit you in your guild every now and again?" He asks her.
"Sure thing, we're having a Christmas dinner tomorrow and your welcome to come if you want. I forgot to ask, did Nicholas the Renegade drop the item you wanted?" She asks him.
"Yeah he dropped two of them, here you can have one." Kirito says and passes her a crystal of some kind.
"The revival crystal, let's check this out." Lucy says and pulls out the information on the crystal. "Can only revive someone within ten seconds of death?!"
Kirito sighs and then the two part ways, Lucy walks back to the guild and then places some gifts under the large tree. All the gifts are small and she opens one with her name on it, inside the box is a chain link. She attaches it into her belt where she keeps a small bag of COL, walking up to the infirmary she lies down on a bed smiling slightly and before she falls asleep she whispers.
"Happy Christmas Fairy Tail." Then she falls asleep.
I take a glance at the guild hall and people are sighing in relief, I look at the table not noticing how tightly I was holding it until I see the cracks in the table.
"Sorry master." I say letting go of the table.
"It's ok Natsu my boy, we all understand what your going through because we all feel the same." Master says sighing.
Erza walks to the Christmas tree and places a small gift under it, I walk over and notice she has tears in her eyes. I look at the label and notice it says Lucy. Pulling Erza into a hug everyone walks to the tree and places gifts under it and many of them have Lucy's name on them. I walk to the infirmary and sit next to Lucy's bed, Porlyusica went out to get some more things to keep Lucy stable and so it's just me and her.
"Happy Christmas Lucy, I can't believe how long you've been in that game. It seems like just yesterday you and me were in the Grand Magic Games, when it was really about six months ago. Just promise me something Luce, when your in there. Just stay alive, tell that Kirito guy thanks for saving you when you were up against the killer Santa." I pick up her cold hand and give it a kiss.
"She can't hear you." Porlyusica says walking into the room.
"I know, but I can't help but feel like she know's that were looking out for her. I sometimes wish I could just take the helmet off to end what she's going through..." I say and Porlyusica slaps me.
I look at her stunned, she's never been violent to anyone apart from the times where she chases us with brooms.
"I have not spent all this time taking care of her for you to just kill her, because that's what would happen if you take the helmet off her head. You would kill her in an instant." She says and injects Lucy with some kind of medicine.
I stare at Lucy and then drop her hand, why would I even think that?! I wanted to kill Lucy....
"I promise that I'll protect you Lucy, even if it means waiting here until you wake up. Just don't forget me in there ok?" I whisper and kiss Lucy's hand once more before I walk back down to the bar to have a drink.