ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴄʟᴀʀʏ ғʀᴀʏ

Skylar sat on the steps of the Green House, after getting in trouble Hodge had grounded her and told her that she was going to stay in for a week which meant she wasn't allowed to help with any investigation just eat, study, train, and sleep. "There you are." She looked up and saw the golden boy walking in with a brown bag in his hands. "Look what I have." He shook the bag lightly as he walked over.

"Hmm...either you're trying to get into my pants or has something happened?" Skylar asked with a smirk.

"You know me so well," Jace said and leaned against the railings, he handed her the brown bag. "Which one is it?" He asked, Skylar, opened the brown bag and saw a cupcake. She pulled the first one out and took a bite.

"Something has happened." Jace nodded waiting for her to go on, he watched her with an amused smile when she had finished and had frosting on her nose. "Skye, you got something on your nose-" Jace reached over and wiped the frosting off her nose with his thumb. Skylar smiled and looked at him, he licked off the frosting from his thumb and cleared his throat.

"What happened?" She asked the smile on Jace's face vanished right as he was about to answer the question Isabelle and Alec walked in.

"Guess what Skye? A mundie almost got Jace killed!" Isabelle shouted, her parabatai looked at Jace who nodded. "Go on Jace explain."

"I was about to until you decided to rudely interrupt."

"A redhead saw us. She had the sight." Alec said

"Have you spoken to Hodge?" Skylar asked she found this extremely odd. They haven't had a Mundie with the Sight in forever. It was a rare thing that could possibly occur, and everyone knew that something was wrong.

"Not yet, but I want to find her," Jace said, he had his determined face to find this mysterious redhead. One that oddly intrigued him in such an odd way.

"No you're not, let the Clave handle it."

"Like you let The Clave handle the demonic infestation at the warehouse? And then I had to come and get you?" Jace said, he was talking about the incident that got her in trouble in the first place. The very incident that had kept Skylnn from leaving this Institute for a few days even up to a week.

"Shut up," Skylar mumbled and frowned. Even mentioning it happened to upset her, causing her bright blue eyes to darken a little bit, the memory of how reckless and dangerous she was acting was going to haunt her.

"I am going to speak with Hodge, and we will decide after that," Jace said before anyone can argue with him, Jace had left the greenhouse. This wasn't good, Jace planned on doing whatever he thought was right....this was about to get ugly.

"He's gonna do it anyways." Alec stated, "Someone needs to watch him." As his parabatai, and basically his brother it was important that he did whatever was necessary to protect Jace..but he needed the girls to help him once in a while.

"I will, I'll find a way plus I've been dying to leave."

"It's only been a few days."

"Yes, it has."

~

Skylar followed Jace across the street where the mysterious redhead happened to be. She looked into the cafe through the window and scanned it. "There she is." Jace point at the short, redhead with green eyes and freckles.